Dumaguete Info Search

Food & Grocery JoyDelicacies Sallggow

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by kelpguy, Apr 6, 2020.

1. shakey

shakey DI Member Veteran Navy

economic refugee
    Ratings:
    +295 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O-
    You could add cornstarch when you are boiling it. The cornstarch will thicken it up.

shakey aka John

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    Thanks for the tip.

3. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    I was curious about the free stuff you were sent, so I asked my wife and she said that one thing you wanted, we did not have, so she gave your wife a few choices of things we did have. Your wife was not too familiar with baked ziti or chicken parmesan so you were sent those as samples so your wife could taste them. I am glad that you enjoyed them. Again thanks and call us when you can.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    And who said that customer service was non-existent in the Philippines! You have all the hallmarks of great success in your business.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Sedona

Sedona DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +673 / 102
    So far I've tried the custard and lemon pies, they were very good. Today I had the baked chicken with dressing for lunch, it was a delightful surprise. I'm a big guy with a big appetite, and I found that one serving left me pleasantly full. In the States I always looked forward to Thanksgiving dinner because I loved the dressing. I couldn't understand why we only had dressing on Thanksgiving and not the rest of the year. Joy's chicken and dressing brought back memories for me of Thanksgiving dinners in the US. The chicken was moist and tender, and the dressing was just wonderful. Now, I need to say, I'm the only American in our house and everybody else is Filipino. They had never even heard of dressing before, and it was their first time trying it. Their first thought was, "don't you put that on your rice?". No, you don't put it on rice, it's dressing, you don't need rice (LOL). They liked it okay, but let's just say if there was a choice of menu it likely wouldn't be their first choice, it is just a dish that they are not used to. We bought several of them, and I'm happy it's not their first choice because I will gladly eat them all and then order some more.

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  6. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    Hello Sir, thank you very much for your nice comments. Filipinos usually like the chicken parmesan, egg plant parm and baked ziti and lasagna too, if they add a little sugar. Once we get ourselves resolved to the growth we have experienced we will soon be adding some Filipino dishes. Our first next additions will be Southern US type BBQ pork and baked beans, probably a chunky beef pot roast type pie, or pot roast. Then will come a few Filipino dishes that my wife makes very well. Thanks again and we look forward to hearing from you.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. shakey

shakey DI Member Veteran Navy

economic refugee
    Ratings:
    +295 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O-
    When can we start ordering the new dishes?

How about chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and cream gravy?:smile::smile::smile:

shakey aka John

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  8. LENNY

LENNY DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +166 / 17

9. Sedona

Sedona DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +673 / 102
    Regarding the question about fennel, this is one point of "positive" feedback I could contribute also. It does seem the seasoning is a bit heavy. With the dressing the sage was quite strong, and with the pasta dishes with sausage the fennel is also very strong. In my humble opinion, reducing those a little would make good dishes be even a bit better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  10. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    We use fennel. I bring it from the US.