Dumaguete Info Search

Food & Grocery JoyDelicacies Sallggow

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by kelpguy, Apr 6, 2020.

1. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    We will post when we have new stuff and refer you to our FB page if that is ok on the site. As far as chicken fried steak, I do a nice one but we are not ready to offer that yet. I developed most of and have been cooking these recipes for 40 years but I have never frozen them and reheated, and also in the PH, quality ingredients, especially meat are not easy to find. It takes time to test them and there are always a few changes required because of the freezing and reheating changing the consistencies, flavors, etc. I started cooking again here in the Philippines just as a hobby and it is like Kev the Butcher said to me, "a hobby that has gotten out of hand". LOL. We enjoy providing food that people like but we want to be sure it is high quality, tasty and consistent. That is why we have to take the time to attempt to do it right. We just started doing this last year by selling our meringue pies and have been steadily adding dishes. My wife and I cook the food, make the deliveries and we try to schedule ahead.

• Like Like x 4
  2. LENNY

LENNY DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +166 / 17

3. LENNY

LENNY DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +166 / 17
    Sage and Fennel is what makes the difference I use alot also being Italian

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    A friend of mine came the other day and picked up some bread. He said some people can't get bread. I can make bread if you need it. I make a bread that in the US we just call it homemade bread, also make ciabatta, (like french bread) and can add barley malt, oats or sesame. In regular bread I make a mini loaf for 45p, 300 grams, regular size loaf is 75p, 600 grams. Not sliced. Hamburger buns 6 for 60p, 80 grams ea., add sesame 10p. Dinner rolls, (like a large pandesal), 6 60p, 80 grams ea. For Ciabatta, 100p 600 grams, 200p 1200 grams, both are braided loaves not sliced. Add barley malt, oats, sesame, 10p ea. I make it to order. Bake it the night ahead of delivery. I deliver bread orders when I have other regular orders in the area so it may take a couple of days. No preservatives so if you want it to last more than a few days you have to refrigerate or freeze it. I have regular flour now and won't have more whole wheat for a week or so. I don't do sourdough. I have been told Why Not sourdough is ok and I think they are delivering but not sure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Genius Genius x 1
  5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    I will try some of the food I bought from you tonight. Thank you for the delivery to my house.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    I hope you enjoy it. It was a pleasure to meet you.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Some businesses are going to prosper short-term on the back of this crisis - you deserve very much to prosper long term and I am convinced you will. Your efforts are really remarkable.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thank you for bringing my order yesterday, I already told you I appreciate and like your food, this post to tell you, the milk you bring is just what I have been missing here in the Philippines, this is the real thing, not like the milk from the mall, can't drink that. You should put it on your FB and make peoples attention at it, simply delicious

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    I'm so glad you like it. Sometimes they have it and sometimes they don't. That's why I don't advertise it. I use it in my cooking and to make cheese and yogurt. I just brought it to you because you told me you couldn't drink the milk here and you are a good customer and really nice guy, so I don't mind picking it up for you if they have it. I definitely will continue to bring it to you when they have it since that is what you are looking for. Please message me and let me know how many you want next time so I can get it. Sometimes it takes a couple of days. Thanks for the suggestion, so if anyone wants milk let me know and I will try to get it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Tonight I had the baked chicken and dressing. Very tasty, nice flavors. I am not a big eater and could only eat half. I wish I had some cranberry sauce or apple sauce to go with it. The lemon meringue pie was delicious (small but tasty). My boy had the chocolate meringue pie and loved it.

• Like Like x 2