Dumaguete Info Search

Food & Grocery JoyDelicacies Sallggow

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by kelpguy, Apr 6, 2020.

1. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    thank you for those kind words, I am glad you and your son enjoyed it. You gave me an idea. Cranberry sauce here, as far as I know, is not available. However, I make mini apple pies and could make apple sauce. I don't eat it so it never occurred to me but it might be good to do. It would be expensive so it would need to be a small amount, but I am going to check it out and see if we can include apple sauce with chicken and stuffing/dressing later on.

• Like Like x 3
  2. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    To be clear, I mean the apple sauce would be as a side dish in a separate small container. Not in the dressing. My dressing recipe is very old and I don't plan to change it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Dressing is super and plentiful. Side of gravy would work as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    @Smally - was your abhorrent rating for the post above in error?

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  5. Smally

Smally DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +142 / 25
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Yes it was a mistake. Thanks for pointing it out. I have removed the rating.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Mikal

Mikal DI Member

Ratings:
    +139 / 12
    Is that Norient?

It's very seasonal, seems to be out-of-stock most of the time. It does seem to be easier to find frozen cranberrys and make the Cranberry sauce/jelly.

7. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    It's not Norient, it is from a different dairy but it tastes the same. I buy raw full cream because I use it in cooking but they have pasteurized which is what I took to Liverpool Fan. Same milk as from Silliman. I really think if anyone wants milk they should go to Silliman or Norient out by the airport. Robinson doesn't always have Norient but Norient always has milk. Silliman and Norient are both good and taste the same to me. Thanks for the tip on cranberries, if I find some I will make some sauce. Sounds like the frozen strawberries. Sometimes they have them and sometimes they don't. The canned aren't as good. I have some of both and have been thinking about offering strawberry shortcake but I haven't finished developing the method I'll use yet. I make good strawberry shortcake but I want to offer it in the little containers I put the pies in and freeze it. I've frozen the cake and strawberries separately and then stacked them in the container, then back to the freezer. When thawed it is ok but needs a little more work. It is still the best strawberry shortcake I've had here, lol, since it is the only one I've seen "in stock". Same as homemade twinkies and banana flips.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Before people go there for nothing - the Norient store behind the provincial hospital unfortunately was shut down due to the ECQ :(

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Mikal

Mikal DI Member

Ratings:
    +139 / 12
    Really? When? I was last there on Monday morning, got their last 2 bottles of white milk, the guy told me they'd probably have more on Wednesday, but haven't been back since.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,376 / 1,261
    Mikal if you live near Bacong you can get Norient Milk along the roadside near the Buntis Fish Market on Wednesday.
    There are a couple of ladies that sell bread and such. On Tuesdays they text me and I order the milk I need for the week and they text me on Wednesday when they have it at their stall. During the quaratine they have been delivering it to my house.
    If you buy your milk at the palnt near the hospital it is around 70 pesos or so from their stall it's 90 pesos which seems fair they need to make a little bit and I don't need to go across the city to get the milk.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1