Dumaguete Info Search

Food & Grocery JoyDelicacies Sallggow

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by kelpguy, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Mikal

Mikal DI Member

Ratings:
    +139 / 12
    Thanks, really do appreciate it, but we're in the other direction - I usually just walk over to the processing plant. It would be a shame if they're shut down, our kid loves the milk.

2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Being I get two meals for each main, I will get 5 meals of a main and a pie cup for an avg. of 125p per meal!

3. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    That's interesting. I was there just after the ecq started and they had a sign saying "closed due to ecq". I'll retry monday, thanks for the heads up!

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  4. shakey

shakey DI Member Veteran Navy

economic refugee
    Ratings:
    +295 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O-
    I talked to Norient and they still have takeout milk but since it is difficult for their farmers to get their raw milk to them to pasteurize and homogenize they only process 2 or 3 times a week so it is first come first serve at the processing plant. Flavored milk goes fast.

Silliman Farms on the other hand, milks their own cows but lacks the ability to homogenize and mass pasteurize so their milk has a small cream line at the top of each bottle which affects the consistency.

Small farmers who used to sell their raw milk to Silliman Farms have changed over to Norient.

The shop in Bacong noted elsewhere is supplied by the dairy farm in Buntod, Bacong as they return from Norient where they sell their raw milk and pickup processed milk. The Buntod dairy is just down the road from our family farm.

shakey aka John

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    For anyone in bacong who want milk i have the cellphone number if anyone want order. She will deliver on wed pm.

6. Mikal

Mikal DI Member

Ratings:
    +139 / 12
    Which seems strange to me - I don't doubt it's true, I just can't imagine why it's true.

7. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    Hello, I just wanted to post a big thank you to Kelpguy for posting for me to this site and the site administrators and owners for allowing us to be here. When they closed the Valencia Sunday market it mostly put us out of business. We have a few restaurants that buy our desserts only and of course they are closed too. We have had many, many people call us and order food. We thank you sincerely and hope you really enjoy what we have provided. We have been buying what we can and giving what little we can, to some of the farmers that are out of business because of the closed Sunday market. The president of the Valencia Farmers Association is selling produce on a rotating basis for the local farmers at a stand on the corner of Smith St. and the Duma highway. That is the corner that is a two story vacant building that the mayor uses for his campaign headquarters during elections. If you buy there you are supporting the farmers that were in the Sunday market as a group more or less. They are also putting together produce packages and donating them to local people that are out of work. Again, thank you so much for the nice orders and I have really enjoyed meeting all of you and your asawa. Hinaut na nabusog mo sa among mga pagkaon,daghan salamat! Joy and David

• Like Like x 5
  8. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    Hello, we are now making a Pot Roast Pie. It is like the chicken and aussie beef pies but is beef cooked until it falls apart and is in chunks. It has potatoes and carrots in it and it is seasoned like regular pot roast.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    What is the price on this item? I enjoyed the sample you brought by on my last order. Will definitely add these to my future orders.

10. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    I hate to be pricey but I put a lot of beef in the pie and pay a lot for it, so I really need to get 100p for the pot roast pie. I put a little more beef now than the sample I brought you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1