Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Just wanted to say hello

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Bacong is a short ride from all that. #1 spot to live in the Dumaguete area IMO. Valencia is terrible! Shouldn't even be considered. :wink:

• Like Like x 2
    • Genius Genius x 1
  2. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I am also from Oz and I bank with the BPI Bank (Bank of the Philippine Islands) and have had NO Problems in the past Two+ years of being here *touch wood* :smile:

If you are on a Pension, you can have Centrelink Direct Deposit your Monthly Payments to your nominated Bank Account here in the Philippines, Centrelink charge no fees like the Third Party companies do who send money from abroad, and your payment is calculated on that day's current exchange rate. They also convert from AUD to PHP for free... Well worth it if you are living on a Benefit. :wink:

I cannot really help with the best place to live as I HATE cities with all of the noise, pollution and overpopulation of residents, so I live out in the Bamboo away from prying eyes 25+ KM's from Dumaguete and LOVE IT! :biggrin:

Area will depend on your own preferences and needs, so maybe if you elaborate on exactly what you are looking for; others here will be able to better advise you... :smile:

Welcome Aboard and Good Luck with your move! :thumbsup: I do NOT regret, nor miss Oz at all with my decision to relocate! :wink:

• Like Like x 2