Dumaguete Info Search

Kawasaki Rouser 200 update

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by ronv8917, Dec 7, 2010.

1. ronv8917

ronv8917 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    We have, in several threads, discussed the poor or total lack of service on our motors.
    Having service my own bikes for 45 plus years, I figured that I could do a better job myself. All I needed was a service (shop) manual.
    But, as expected, nobody here has or knows where to obtain one of these manuals.
    So I wrote to Bajaj in India requesting a manual. Unknown to me, my email was forwarded to Kawasaki Philippines in Manila, and then emails were sent to Kawasaki Mindanao. All of this without me knowing what was happening.
    Today, 2 gentlemen showed up at my home. One was a "white-shirt" named Arnold R. Dinulos and the other gentleman was the Kawasaki parts manager for Mindanao.
    They hand delivered my service manual to me.
    This my friends, IS service after the sale.
    Say all you want about the Chinese motors, but to me, the service is just as important as the motor itself.
    Yes, a Chinese motor may be less money, but do they have service personel like Kawasaki?
    As far as I'm concerned, Kawasaki is the best choice regardless of any other factors.
    Thank you Kawasaki..........

2. Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Now THAT is an amazing thing... truly!

3. Mike17

Mike17 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree and thanks for the update. That definitely tilts my decision toward Kawasaki. Already decided against a Chinese bike.

4. SidfromSydney

SidfromSydney DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Amazing, for any brand. I have a Rouser 200, not quite the same quality engine wise as my XR 200's but its cheaper and there is certainly nothing wrong. The oil cooler and magnet on the sump plug are nice features.

Today I saw a 220 Rouser, same same except for perhaps 20cc more and rear disc.

Safe riding. Would be interested to know the valve clearance as I service my XR's

5. OP
    OP
    ronv8917

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Sid....stay online and I'll look it up for you.

6. OP
    OP
    ronv8917

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Sid.....cold engine......piston on TDC as per the mark (in the case window)......intake valve 0.05mm......exhaust valve 0.10mm

And the men yesterday told me that they just got their first 220's in, and that it looked slightly different (?) and had a rear disc. I'm going to drop by and see it soon.
    When he found out that I had a Harley in the US, he said soon they would have the Vulcan 1100cc here.

7. OP
    OP
    ronv8917

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    And also Sid, there are a lot of features that I like. Self-cancelling turn signals, Lit handlebar switches and non-contact handlebar switches (basically waterproof).

8. SidfromSydney

SidfromSydney DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info. Yes the Rouser has many good features I just mentioned two that quickly came to mind.

If you or others have ever rented a scooter 125, 100cc etc in other Asian countries, Vietnam or Cambodia, its very obvious the quality differences between Chinese made or "others". I think China is where Japan was about 40yrs ago. I feel old was it that long ago. Give the Chinese another 7 to 10 yrs and they will be up there with nearly the best as a result of technology transfer and improvements in computers etc. The guys running the rental outfits are very clear that Chinese motor cycles are cheap, but do not last the distance.

9. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    VERY impressive!

10. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    I've never seen self cancelling turn signals on a motorcycle. How in the world do they know you've already turned the corner?