Dumaguete Info Search

Kawasaki Rouser 200 update

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by ronv8917, Dec 7, 2010.

1. RonEtue

RonEtue DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    That is Kawasaki's best kept secret..... and it works every time, right or left turn. What would life be like without those small electronic sensors. :cool:

2. OP
    OP
    ronv8917

ronv8917 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Well, according to my newly obtained service manual, there is one sensor that tells the turn signal module that you have turned the handle bars off of center (to make a turn) and if that doesn't happen (you decide to go straight), then an internal timer in the module takes over and cancels them after so many seconds.
    And, as RonEtue said above, it works perfectly....................

But, the feature that I really like is the switches in the hand controls do not have any contacts that open and close and are subject to getting water in them and deteriorating. all the switch buttons operate only manetic sensors that work totally sealed switches. This is a long-term feature........

3. OP
    OP
    ronv8917

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    In the front of the service manaual, it describes the various features of the Rouser. One of the things it mentions is the "distinctive wolf-eye lights" (parking lights). My friends and neighbors refer to them as "evil-eyes" (LOL). It does make it easy to pick out when it is coming towards you and I always run in the daytime with my parking lights turned on.

4. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Went by Motoliance in Dgte today, still no Rouser 200 but they have a 220. They also have the Vulcan still, what a beautiful bike (don't know a thing about it except I think it is 1300 CC and costs like p600K). What are your opinions of the Kawa Ninja?

5. OP
    OP
    ronv8917

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    As rocket bikes go, the Ninja is the most popular in Texas, they are everywhere. My only problem here is the cost of 276,000 pesos (+/-) which equals about 3 Rousers. But, from everyone I've talked to in Texas, it is a quality motor, superior in every way.
    The Vulcan is also a great bike and popular in the US, but I seriously question the size and weight for Phils riding. I know my Harley would not be appropriate here. It was 1450cc and 750 pounds (340kg). Too hard to handle in phils city traffic.

6. SidfromSydney

SidfromSydney DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ron, a small mod I made to my Rouser was to remove the rubber boot on the air intake. It makes a slight difference, the engine gets more air and is a little crisper. I was going to change the exhaust, similar mods I have made to my XR and it makes it a better bike. I took the Rouser exhaust off thinking it was twin wall, but in fact its just one big diameter pipe, so I left it alone.

I see you are in Mindanao, not much riding there before you get into "bandit country" ?

7. OP
    OP
    ronv8917

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Sid, I'll do the boot thing and thanks for the info on the muffler. They call it an "expansion chamber" like 2-strokes have. Interesting....an empty shell.

As for riding, it goes back to what we have said here before about safety - just don't be stupid. I stay away from the south part of the island where political canidates get ambushed, and I don't travel through long stretches of mountain wilderness. Other than that, we ride everywhere on the coast and in the mountains constantly. I have more fear of tricycle cabs in CDO then I do of any bandits. Lol

8. Arnold

Arnold DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone here knows the email to Kawasaki service? I can't get any mechanic to check my Rouser, and it appeared the KASMEs listed in the warranty manual don't know how to handle the new Rousers either :( My email i o n w e r x [at] gmail dot com, I don't have PM capabilities yet. Thanks!

9. Miguel

Miguel DI Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +109 / 39
    Rouser 220 mods

Only problem I had was air seeping out of tubeless tyres. Fixed by cleaning and greasing the rims.

Only 'mod' I made was to install a pack-rack with pad for passenger. Now I can carry a mountain of things I ofcourse need.
    Made by local welding shop 800 p, pad 200 p. Locals have fun when they see me and asawa and junior and the basket. Yes. it is top heavy but I am such a good driver :D BTW I like this bike.

View attachment 8574
    View attachment 8573
    View attachment 8575

Attached Files:

10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Avoid the ninjas in the Philippines as they are not true ninjas but will run you the same price as a ninja in the US. Although it IS possible to get the real 1000cc ninja. It will be rated at 198 hp and is the only "true" ninja available here. Will have to be special ordered in dumaguete.

The 650 is a 2 cylinder motor and doesn't run or sound like 600cc bikes in the US, although it will outrun any rouser without any problems. It is rated at 78hp and is governed at 205 kph. 320,000 pesos.

They sell the 1000 XR (or something to that sort). 520,000 pesos. It is an upright riding position and probably more appropriate for those older guys who want that sports bike experience. It's rated at 138 hp, I have no idea at how fast it will go but I have personally been behind one doing 230 kph.

As far as the 250cc ninja, might as well just go for a rouser. While this bike will outrun a rouser you have to keep the RPMs dang near redlined to do it. If they make a 185cc, which I'm not sure of, I wouldn't even waste the money on it. The rouser would be faster and cheaper and just an overall better bike.

Just fyi they do make a 1300cc kawa that is available here. 800,000 peso. This thing is huge and stupid fast (and ugly IMO). I can't see anyone enjoying that size of sports bike here.

(I have personally owned the 650cc here. It's a good starter bike but other than that I wouldn't recommend it. Switched to a Honda 1000RR and will never go back to Kawasaki for sports bike.)