Dumaguete Info Search

King Charles Coronation

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by PatO, May 7, 2023.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Enjoyed watching the pomp and circumstance of the crowning on BBC. Thank you for paying for those who contributed.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mike_Haddon

Mike_Haddon DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +305 / 31
    I accidentally stumbled across the highlights this morning on TV. Charles looked 'old' and infirm. maybe not long before the next one (somebody named Edward, or something) will need to be polishing his crown, I think.

3. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    "Polishing his Crown" LOL

4. Garcia

Garcia DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +322 / 129
    What an embarrassing spectical, still shows the Yanks that the UK can be even more madder and eccentric than they. Anyone see the Daily Heil I mean Mail, their readers and I use that term very loosely must have got a hard on with all the pics of knob heads lording it up at the poor taxpayers expense.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Garcia

Garcia DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +322 / 129
    Charles is nearly as old as Keith Richards, some question maybe it's a double.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...rotesters-as-uk-on-global-stage-says-minister?

Anti-coronation protest leader hits out at police over arrests.

Good job this weren't the Chinese police, say in Beijing or we'd hear no end to them having no rights. Would have been more fun to see flying eggs etc.

6. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    The UK has been going down the drain - especially under the Tories - and is now a Police State. A few days before the coronation of an unelected king and his ***** the government rushed forward laws to allow police to stop and arrest people who they 'think' might be going to protest (1984 was late but it's here now)! I saw photos in newspapers showing the police confiscating (stealing?) banners containing a non-offensive message - this is real suppression of the truth, so that only one argument can be heard and that is the one of the ruling class. But you get what you deserve and the public has been manipulated into accepting this.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Charles is 74 while Pres Bidet is 80. I doubt any spectacle put on by King Charles and the Brits can possibly be madder and more eccentric than Bidet and the daily laughs he provides.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,376 / 1,261
    It's my understanding that kings are not elected.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    And Trump is 76 with his orange face even more stupid looking than Bidet and his stumbling accent.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    I thought the entire event was a cross between The Wizard of Oz, Charlies Chocolate factory and Return of the Mummies! Huge waste of time Money and grossly pretentious spectacle of greed and wealth. I was waiting for Carmella to say (LET THEM EAT TWINKIES)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1