Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: King Charles Coronation

1. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,111 / 333
    I did not watch it, not because i have anything against royalty but just because i have no interest in it.
    What i was interested in was an interview on a British TV morning programme where an actress "famous" for being in something called brigerton or bridgetown (something else i never watch) gave her opinion that it was a terribly white balcony! needless to say she was a woman of colour.
    As far as i have heard there was one well tanned person invited to the ceremony but apparently she declined the offer.
    I can imagine the furore if a white person had made such a statement in reverse, such as an African royal family has a terribly black balcony.
    There would probably be calls to bring back hanging and at least a couple of statues would be pulled down.

When are media in UK going to accept that every family and or social event in the UK does not have to include people of colour and or transgenders just to make it look right to them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    That's good that you watched the entire event. :roflmao:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    And Trump is 76 with his orange face even more stupid looking than Bidet and his stumbling accent.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Charles is 74 while Pres Bidet is 80. I doubt any spectacle put on by King Charles and the Brits can possibly be madder and more eccentric than Bidet and the daily laughs he provides.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Enjoyed watching the pomp and circumstance of the crowning on BBC. Thank you for paying for those who contributed.

• Like Like x 2