Dumaguete Info Search

Vehicles & Servicing Knowledgeable and reliable Toyota mechanic

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Senjenbing, Dec 5, 2020.

1. OP
    OP
    Senjenbing

Senjenbing DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines Navy

Milliways - at the end of time and matter
    Ratings:
    +419 / 198
    The fuel filter element is contained between 2 o-rings within the housing, if the O-rings aren't replaced when the filter is removed/replaced then fuel may leak past either o-ring creating further problems with fuel pressure and flow.
    The OBD2 port is situated in the dashboard lower shroud directly below the steering wheel.

2. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    I am aware of the "O" rings but they should be included with a new filter.. Also i now find out that depending where these vehicles were assembled or shipped to also there are many different variations of engine controls and electronics for fuel efficiency and emission controls. As my experience with these was in the middle east and these vehicles were made in Japan they did not have any emission controls or engine electronics.

3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Tongue in cheek Andy :wink: With your obvious Knowledge I am surprised you have not offered to go and help the OP with his problem :whistling:.

4. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    We've used the Toyota dealer in Sibulan, had good luck with regular maintenance and some small repairs for the last three years. No major problems, maybe cuz Toyota is good at regular maintenance ?? If anybody knows a good private mechanic, we'd check them out.