Dumaguete Info Search

Korean Handouts

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by Rye83, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    No mention of building up schools or the education system.

I can build my monkey a beautiful monkey paradise city but the second construction is finished and I let Pinoy (my monkey's name) take over maintenance the place is, quite literally, going to go to sh*t. If I don't want the infrastructure I built to turn into a cesspool I need to spend a really long time potty training my monkey.

Of course, if you just want my monkey to like you and you don't really care what it does when you aren't around all you have to do is give it some food once in a while.....but remember that the first time you come around without any food (or he is full because I already fed him) he is going to turn on you.

You can't just give handouts to poor/uneducated countries and expect anything to change. If they don't do it themselves then they will just come back begging for more handouts when they have wasted everything you gave them the first go around.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I agree with the gist of your argument... but dude the monkey analogy is a bit harsh ..just sayin

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Analogy
    a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.
    "an analogy between the workings of nature and those of human societies"

That's just how analogies work. Not calling them monkeys.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Plainspoken

Plainspoken DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +325 / 280
    That may be, but I predict that the monkey lobby is going to be all over you like ugly on an ape. Darn, now the ape lobby will be writing me. I started to say like white on rice but I've dealt with those brown rice people before. merciless

• Funny Funny x 3