Dumaguete Info Search

Latest on Booster Shots

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by danbandanna, Sep 16, 2021.

1. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Are you saying she got Moderna as a booster?

Early on the only vaccine available was Sinovac. Then J&J for a short period. More recently it has almost been exclusively Pfizer and Moderna. My wife got Pfizer. The neighbors got Moderna. I went early and got Sinovac. I am looking forward to getting this Chinese sh*t boosted with a decent vaccine.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I believe Astra has been pretty common here throughout the vaccination rollout. It is what I was given last month.

3. Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    No, she got the two shot initial vaccination, not a booster. I got AZ. The interesting part is where she went they had to wait for 10 people to show up. They wouldn't open the vial till they had 10 people. They needed 15 people for the second shot, she was there overnight.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,591 / 2,888
    A pity that, as far as I am aware, J&J is no longer available locally or anywhere in this country. My vaccine of choice.

5. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,855 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I need a booster, I have had the sinovac twice. Had covid-19 since the jabs.(3 weeks ago) Don't know how the f'ck I caught it, as I only go out to Robinson's to shop and follow their procedures.
    I seem to catch anything that's going in this country. Dengue x2 Covid-19. Dengue was worse BTY.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    The second Dengue infection is supposed to be the worst. You should be good for 16 months or more on Covid due to your infection, but try to find an mRna booster.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    Switching vax for booster seems best.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    Comparing vaccines[​IMG]

9. Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
  10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The link is broken for me but I've seen similar articles. As a lazy person I do this coincidentally. Breakfast is one less meal I have to cook. I don't believe it plays an important role in health. Eating only what your body needs and having your food be nutritionally balanced is going to do magnitudes more for your health than your meal timing. Lots of studies out there showing being uncomfortable (be it living in uncomfortably cold or hot climates or with being hungry most of the time/calorie restriction) puts your body in to "repair mode" and may help to reduce risk of disease and cancer. I would rather live a reasonable life span in reasonable comfort than an unreasonably long life being unreasonably uncomfortable.