Dumaguete Info Search

Laws You Should Know About

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Rye83, May 21, 2015.

1. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    If it is possible: Can you please tell us the story if you want?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jeff08xx

Jeff08xx DI Junior Member

Truck driver, miner and home renovation
    Ratings:
    +11 / 7
    2 weeks after 2 years of marriage she mentions maybe we should divorce. USCIS messed up her name on her temporary conditional greencard and it reset the date to get the permanent greencard by a year, so we were already seperated by the time the two year window came to adjust her status. Bought a second car, taught her to drive and get a job at Walmart and she was gone in 5 months. I refused to sign for her permanent greencard so she claimed domestic violence to get a waiver and I'm 4000 miles away. The incident she claimed, had happened 4 months earlier when SHE assaulted me in my sleep and after 2 years of her throwing stuff at me every 3-6 months I rolled her over and swatted her butt 4x. No criminal charges but civil case. ICE was about to arrest her for illegally working the past 9 months but she went and got another temporary restraining order and filed for the waiver since she missed the 90 day window on the last one. Outrageous despicable wh*re.
    She is psychotic doing everything she could in a two week period trying to get me to hit her. She got off the pill and got pregnant and luckily miscarried. Hit me in the head with a dictionary from behind so hard my ears started ringing and have a jet engine ringing in my brain for 18 months now with a moderate loss of hearing in one ear.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  3. Dr. Shiva

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Thx for the hard hit story. At least not many pinays are like your ex wife.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Jeff08xx

Ratings:
    +11 / 7
    There are more than you think. All the Filipina's here that she met were bad. It's hard to spot lying sociopaths. They are good actors.

5. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Sounds like my x-wife. (She was half Filipino half American...though only American citizenship and we got married in the US.) All the sh*t with her started after she started her job at Wal-Mart as well. What kind of training is Walmart giving their employees? lol J/K, she was a crazy b*tch long before she started working there....but I don't think being around the trailer trash working at that Walmart helped her mental state out any. :laugh:

6. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I was advised by my Land Attorney that I (Foreigner) CAN legally own Land here in the Philippines, however in reading further, I must either eventually sell that land to collect the money or pass it on to our Daughter by way of inheritence...

Philippine Property Buying Guide for Foreigners « Your Home In The Philippines

Attached Files:

7. Bdawg

Bdawg DI Member

Central Supply Technician.
    Ratings:
    +40 / 5
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Question: If you married your spouse in a civil wedding in the Philippines and brought them to the USA on a spouse visa, lived semi-happily married for 12 years, until you find out that she's been cheating on you and then get a divorce. What steps do you have to take at that point, to get your divorce recognized in the Philippines, if you've found someone else? Do I need to first take the divorce decree to the Philippine Embassy here in the USA? And, Do I have to take it to the municipality that we got married? Can I take care of it all in Manila while I'm there, and do I need to pay a Philippine lawyer to file it? Thanks for your time and patience on this.

8. Dr. Shiva

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Afaik you have to divorce in the foreign country. Then you have to give the divorce decree to the philippine embassy of the foreign country.
    If you live in the Philippines with a 13a visa you have to change to a different residential visa like an SRRV visa. That can be a big hassle if you don't have lots of money available. Probably you can get away from that if you already own a condo.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Bdawg

Bdawg DI Member

Central Supply Technician.
    Ratings:
    +40 / 5
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Thanks Dr. Shiva. I need to learn as much about all of this. I still live in the USA and have no immediate plans to move to the Philippines, however, I am visiting there soon. Unfortunately, I don't think my divorce decree will be ready in time when I go, which means I will probably have to make a second trip eventually. I kind of have a feeling that given the way things often move when it comes to Philippine government, this process is going to take a while. Once I have filed it in the Phil embassy in the USA, Is it a recommendation to get a Philippine lawyer, or is it a (requirement?) in order to get the court recognition process? I can be thorough and research and dot all the i's and cross the t's myself if that's all I need a lawyer for. I've had to do nearly everything pro se that I've ever had to file in courts before, so I'm not afraid to do that. But my intent is to research the heck out of this thing, and file as much of it on my own as possible. Thanks!

10. Jeff08xx

Ratings:
    +11 / 7
    Now, on the flip side, the Filipina scammer marries in the US and divorces husband and previously gave a copy of the marriage certificate to the Philippine embassy in the US. We will still be married in the Philippines. If she remarries or has someone's baby. I can get her for bigamy or adultery, right? How about economic abuse? This b**ch has broke me here getting a free attorney and claiming domestic violence in civil court, not criminal. I'm trying to get her prosecuted for lying on her visa application or deported at the very least.