Dumaguete Info Search

Passport Question Best Posts in Thread: leaving with dual citizen children

1. Pompolino

Pompolino DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +404 / 53
    Recently I travelled to Macau/Hong Kong with my partner and her child (same last name). My partner is a single parent. Both had brand new, first time issued Filipino passports issued here in Dumaguete the month before we left. We were leaving together through Cebu and we were somewhat surprised when the immigration officer wanted my partner (who is a little more mature and dresses more conservative than most) was asked to prove our relationship with photos dating back over years. Satisfied with that she moved onto my partner's daughter and wanted a birth certificate, which we did not have - but luckily my partner had photos dating back over 8 years of birthdays where my partner was often in the frame. From surprise my reaction turned to anger particularly when in each case the officer grabbed the phone and started scrolling the photos of my partner.

I understand the issue of human trafficking but felt the officer was hugely out of line but said nothing due to the power perspective. It is what it is and we got through to travel on our holiday. Next time we will be a little more prepared but be forewarned and prepare for the interrogation.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Darran_Stanners

Darran_Stanners DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 18
    Yes Yes,but you are the mother, just something tells me, travelling with the father is a whole different scenario

• Agree Agree x 4