Recently I travelled to Macau/Hong Kong with my partner and her child (same last name). My partner is a single parent. Both had brand new, first time issued Filipino passports issued here in Dumaguete the month before we left. We were leaving together through Cebu and we were somewhat surprised when the immigration officer wanted my partner (who is a little more mature and dresses more conservative than most) was asked to prove our relationship with photos dating back over years. Satisfied with that she moved onto my partner's daughter and wanted a birth certificate, which we did not have - but luckily my partner had photos dating back over 8 years of birthdays where my partner was often in the frame. From surprise my reaction turned to anger particularly when in each case the officer grabbed the phone and started scrolling the photos of my partner. I understand the issue of human trafficking but felt the officer was hugely out of line but said nothing due to the power perspective. It is what it is and we got through to travel on our holiday. Next time we will be a little more prepared but be forewarned and prepare for the interrogation.
It used to be a DWSD requirement but I think that has since changed but it is best to ask first. I heard of someone years ago who got stuck at the airport in Manila with two kids and their mother was with him just because he didn't have approval from DSWD and didn't have the father's death certificate with him.
Don’t know if I am late on this but here is what you need to make things easy! Type a letter stating that the mother is aware of your travel and she is coming at a later time because of , what ever,! Then take it to a notary and have it stamped along with a copy of her ticket! Bring their NSO birth certificates and you should have no problems. If you can have her wait till you go through immigration just in case. OH also a copy of mom’s passport!!! If they start giving you crap just tell them she is outside if they need to talk to her. The big concern is parents steeling their kids in a divorce or separation all they want to make sure is that is not happening! Good luck and happy travels!!! Goose out
I would recommend NOT showing immigration on arrival their Filipino passports. If arriving with your wife everyone will get a BB stamp so you are good for a year. I was worried about this same thing and didn't have a problem. Either parent can travel with their child alone