Dumaguete Info Search

Question Legal advice

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Chingon, Jul 27, 2016.

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    The barangay issue can only be used if both party's live in that barangay for a start and attorneys are not allowed by law to attend barangay issues!
    Maybe a good idea to use the excuse your business is losing money due to the inconsiderate parking and counter file against him,that usually puts them off and the case If there is one may just disappear!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  2. OP
    OP
    Chingon

Chingon DI Member Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +53 / 5
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Thanks for your ideas. Ill visit personally the captain, DaviL200 says the attorney can not come anyway, and just ask if there is a solution. I will also say that ill file a case agaisnt the guy for dropping the income of my business. Maybe that way they will ask just for the chinelas that the guy broke and the medicines he bought...

3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    I wonder if the OP has engaged dialogue with TMO or LTO on the parking issue :hmmm:

4. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    If it was me, I would want to avoid future issues with the driver, the other drivers who also park near your place, his buddies, two bad guys on a bike, etc. and would ask the barangay captain to help settle a low cost exit. I have heard that if it goes to court the judge may ask you to try and settle out of court anyway.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    Chingon

Ratings:
    +53 / 5
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    What means OP, TMO and LTO?

6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    OP ( Original Poster)
    TMO ( Traffic Management Office) They are responsible for Parking Violations. maybe seldom but a business complaint may well have been dealt with quickly.
    LTO (Land Transport Office) They are responsible for the TMO and licensing of Public service and all other vehicles. ( notice how quick at times they move on the Trikes outside Lee Plaza,
    A call to them when it all started ( explaining your Grievance) may have had a Different end to this sorry saga you are now in.
    Just hope it all comes good for you.

7. OP
    OP
    Chingon

Ratings:
    +53 / 5
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Yes, i was two times on the Traffic Management office before the fight. They came to my place, told the drivers to dont block my driveway. Nothing changed. The drivers just dont care. Only when the traffic officers touch their pokets, things could change. But they just went there, smile, say blablabla...

8. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Then my Friend, should this go any Further (and I hope it stops here for you, when you have seen the Captain) You have in your Defence the Report to the TMO which can be seen as dismissed by the Driver and won't look too good for his Case ( In my opinion.)
    It seems therefore that you have taken steps to run your business in a Good manner and that is a big part of all this to me anyway, very much in your Favour as the driver will have to tell the Captain, Yes! I was told off by TMO but chose to ignore the warning, Not good for him.

But just be careful my Friend Please, This may end up a face thing and that may not be good :wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    IMO. you lost the second you told them to f*ck off and resorted to violence. There were much smarter ways of dealing with the issue. This issue you have now has absolutely nothing to to do with parking.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,101 / 333
    The way i read the original post was that the driver said f*ck you then got what he deserved.