Dumaguete Info Search

Bacong Best Posts in Thread: Lets take a realistic look

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    ...and then everyone gets kicked out of the room and the door gets slammed shut and locked.
    I'm sure that was said in jest...but just in case it wasn't, thread locked.

• Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    This thread has turned into complete utter crap!

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The solution is simple: Tell the community if they have dogs they must put them on a leash on their property or in their house. Then police go out and shoot all stray dogs they see and offer P100-P500 reward for every dead dog a member of the community brings in.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I will try to clarify a few things the best way I can. I see the stray dogs as a problem and it will not disappear in the near future, laws are not enforced, no one really cares that's the reality. I see a lot of hate against these stray dogs, what about the people who create the problem? The stray dogs who live around my place are not mine and I'm not responsible for them. My gf feed them the normal number of dogs is between 4-8 dogs. We vaccinate them and neuter them if possible,(the goal is no rabies and no growing population) sometimes it's free, sometimes I pay. Obliged Friend asks for their vaccinations records, I don't own you anything lol, but the way it works is here, we go to the barangay vet with the animals and the get rabies shot for free, no name for the dogs no record but you can donate if you feel for it. We get the dogs and sometimes cats neutered at the vet upstairs public market in Dumaguete. I bring and pick up my gf and other locals who go there with their animals, that's my part of it, of course, I'm curious and want to see what's going on up there, a lot of people, some come with the bus so far away as Bayawan with dogs and cats, most in cages. I like seeing people who care and come there to get their animals vaccinated and neutered.
    It's first now when this topic came up in this forum I start thinking deeper about it. It has not been a big deal to feed, vaccinate and neuter these dogs and a few cats. I find it very natural to support my gf in this. I don't hear any solution to the problem other than shooting or poison the dogs witch are illegal. It's not the dogs who are the problem but the humans who create the problem and it will not be solved by shooting or poisoning, only if people change behavior

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Obliged Friend

Obliged Friend DI Forum Adept Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    A person who is exposed and has never been vaccinated against rabies should get 4 doses of rabies vaccine - one dose right away, and additional doses on the 3rd, 7th, and 14th days. They should also get another shot called Rabies Immune Globulin at the same time as the first dose.

Plus a tetanus shot.

Never take anyones word that stray dogs have been totally vaccinated

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  6. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    I think the differentiation is around pain and suffering. Having just put my 18 year old dog to sleep. I would disagree with your characterization about poisoning. The process a vet uses is very humane. First they use a sedative to anesthetize the animal, then they inject a seizure medication. Having witnessed the process I can tell you it is fast and the dog likely doesn't feel anything. Is it a poison, yes, but so are all the medications you are probably currently taking, if taken in large amounts. Many things that help us can also kill us.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Glendazumba

Glendazumba DI Forum Adept

teaching
    Ratings:
    +729 / 36
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Not all dogs are rabid. Rabies is a disease and not all dogs that you see on the road have it. Poisoning them or starving them are both criminal. Dogs actually help us in many ways. They could be good guards against thieves, killers, or what-have-you that try to break into your houses. They are good company, too. They can be fiercely loyal to their owners and will do everything to protect their humans. They are like human beings who have feelings. They know how to love, they get hurt, hungry, and if given the option, they would like to live a longer and happier life.

I am against any sort of cruelty to any animal. No to poisoning. No to starving. Feed them, have them spayed or neutered, and keep them safe in your own fenced yard.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Genius Genius x 1
  8. Obliged Friend

Obliged Friend DI Forum Adept Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Dying of rabies is more horrible than stray dogs being poisoned.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    C
    Come on Jim he is right. I have 4 dogs and if one should disregard my training, take a walk about and end up shot or poisoned. So be it. My oldest is a stupid a$$ pit bull at 8 & 1/2 years. Next is a Rottweiler at 5 years old, then a Doberman at 3 years and the last and least trained is another Rottweiler at 9 months. I have said it before and I will say it again. I can leave my gate open all night and none of my dog will leave the yard. If I walk out the gate with a leash in my hand and call them to come they WILL NOT leave the yard. If I hook one or more to a leash they will gladly come with me out for a walk. They are unbeatable as a pack. No, I say no body or other creature can trust pass without having to deal with my pack. The pit bull would never hurt any person. The Rottweilers have a hell of a bit and the Doberman can make it from the back yard to the front gate in about 2 seconds, the b*tch is FAST! The three older ones have been trained to not take food or treats from strangers. Still working on that one with the Rottweiler pup. None of these dogs are kept in a cage they roam freely in the yard and often come into the house for some "leader of the pack loving". They tolerate the two employees but are very loving to Maria and I. When we need to let a stranger in the yard we close the pack in the back yard, I call it Doggy Jail.:headphone::sneaky:
    And that is no :poop:.

• Like Like x 4
  10. furriner

furriner DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +348 / 70
    The problem is that you appear to be placing non-human life on an equivalent plane or above to human life. Some people in an effort to equalize what they perceive as unfair treatment of animals overcompensate in favor of animals. Although it has been shown that some higher form animals are sentient and aware of their own sense of being, and some dogs are as intelligent as a 3 year old child, they simply do not have the same rights on this planet as humans. If the choice is human life vs a dog’s life, no, you do not have the right to overcompensate and favor the dog as some organizations like PETA might do. However, the sentient animal does respect to be treated in death “humanely”, a rather ironic term which means you treat it is if it were “human”. You kill animals that must be killed as painlessly as possible. Injection by a vet, or better, a bullet to the head. The human life is more important than the lives of these admittedly sentient beings. But treat them with compassion even in death. Killing them with the slow death of a poison is not moral especially for dogs who are universally recognized to be a friend and servile to man in most cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3