Dumaguete Info Search

Bacong Best Posts in Thread: Lets take a realistic look

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You think dogs are any better? There are plenty of dogs that have killed children for no reason other than the child being in the wrong place at the wrong time. The bad ones shouldn't affect our empathy for the good ones (humans or dogs). So, if you lost your empathy for the good ones you definitely have some mental problems and should seek out help.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I question the mental health of any person that has more empathy for a dog than their fellow human. I think if I showed you a video of a woman being hacked to death with a machete by some monster cartel members and the same treatment of a dog you are going to resonate and have more empathy with the fear, desperation and pleas for mercy from the woman than you would with the dog's reaction. Anyone who thinks they have more empathy for dogs has lived a very sheltered life and has no experience with how horrible life can be for some people.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    • Informative Informative x 3
  4. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    yeah that's it... let's just fire hi power rifles in the neighborhoods at various stray dogs.. what could possibly go wrong with that ?? :inlove::inlove::laugh::laugh:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  5. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    Singapore had a big problem with this a few years ago.. as people got more affluent and could afford things there was literally hundreds of unwanted dogs in certain unpopulated area's of the city..people got puppy's for gifts but when you are living in a 1 or 2 room HDB flat space is a bit small for a dog.. also the neighbors complaining about the barking etc. So they dumped them..On Sundays the Primary Production Department who looks after water/sewage/street cleaning had a few Indian gentlemen with old 303 Enfield rifles who would go around and shoot them. They came around Loyang Offshore Base one Sunday and had a hay day.. These old gentlemen were crack shots and in no time had a pick up truck full of dead dogs. I asked what they do with them and was told plainly that the lions at the zoo like them. Maybe a bit harsh but the stray dog problem in Singapore doesn't exist anymore.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    I think 'Liverpool Fan' is making the point that dogs when euthenized properly by a qualified person die peacefully (I know, I have seen it with my own dogs) but dogs poisoned, using who knows what, die a slow and horrible death. He is, I am sure, aware that death is the outcome in both cases.

It is quite easy to decide which method is best as we just have to think which choice OF THE TWO OFFERED ABOVE we would make for ourselves. I'll go for the vet.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    The control of dogs in correct, although I would not agree with putting on a leash inside the grounds but to provide adequate fencing.

As for offering a reward - I think many dogs will go missing pretty quickly from people's homes!

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The "Filippino way" to keep dogs is either tied up in a leash, or they let the dogs run free if they wear a collar there are a chance they belong to somebody. Let us be realistic, this behavior will not change in the near future, like behavior in traffic and burning their trash, plastic, rubber, etc., etc., no laws get enforced, that's the reality, take it or leave it

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Then you aren't a responsible dog owner and your dog could get shot, to which I would say "oh well". Learn how to properly train your dog so that it listens and doesn't run off. Its life should depend on your ability to train it. Dogs are property and you need to learn how to control it and take care of it.

Edit: Also, if your dog did escape and got shot I believe you should be fined for violating the leash law and be charged for the bullet that killed it and whatever the costs were to dispose of it. :wink:

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Criminals are lazy. Feral dogs are easy targets and abundant, you can't walk 10 meters without seeing one. Dogs belonging to responsible owners are restrained within a property or house making them more difficult to kill and then retrieve the body.

Once feral dogs are no longer abundant and easy to kill the problem has been solved and there is no longer a need to offer a reward.

• Agree Agree x 2