Dumaguete Info Search

Litterbug pulls gun on security guard

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by shadow, Jun 12, 2013.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    I don't know the guy, never ate at his restaurant or stayed at his apartments, but where I come from guys packing a gun would be carrying their stash, not their trash, so a weird situation. So I agree there may possibly be more to this bizarre situation. Let's see if he buys his way out of that mess. Or maybe cops a plea like, that guy's dog kept crapping on my front yard so I finally scooped it up and was merely doing a drop off. Or I was being kind and donating my old newspapers and paper towels in case they were out of tp.

2. MalmoMan

MalmoMan Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Could it be a setup, planned well to get a guy who is doing well and who owns many properties in Dumaguete....Motong house and apartments, Dumaguete Spring Apartment Building with Rest Edelweiss and a Water Factory. Dumaguete Springs Resort in Bacong.
    Apartments and Houses in Cebu's Lapu Lapu, Bohol and Manila. In addition Construction Engineer for a big company in Carebean...and more. I new Egon for 4 years and had only positive experience during that time. He was also a good landlord and took care of his building and apartments. I really like his BMW 650 Dakar and his BMW Z3. To achieve what he has made during his life time envy many foreigners in Dumaguete. Considering growing up in Austria under very poor circumstances due to WWll and Hitler regim.
    Let us be fair and do not judge a person before we have all the facts in this case. Personally I doubt that Egon will carry bags and walk from his building to the Dormatory around the corner and in addition carry a gun. I can when I read in between lines see that many foreigners in Dumaguete envy rather than look up to a successful man who has worked hard in his whole life. I am not sure if Egon is in the Philippines at this time. Could it be a mistaken identity or could it be a setup to destroy a man and economically benefit from it. What do you think? At least let this man have his time with lawyer and court before we start killing one of our foreign friends. Innocent until proven guilty!

3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    To me, the BMW Z3 or whatever the car turns out to be is a twats car in the U.S.. Buy a Porsche if you want to flash your money.

4. nice_sherwood

nice_sherwood DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    There could be a chance because it didn't really say that FOREIGNERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO OWN A GUN?

BASIC FIREARMS LAWS, RULES AND REGULATIONS

• Applicable provisions of Republic Act No. 8294 Section 1 of Presidential Decree No. 1866 as amended, is hereby further amended to read as follows:
      “Section 1. Unlawful Manufacture, Sale, Acquisition, Disposition or Possession of Firearms Ammunition or Instruments Used or Intended to be Used in the Manufacture of Firearms or Ammunitions – The penalty of prision correccionalin its maximum period and a fine of not less that Fifteen Thousand pesos(P15,000.00) shall be imposed upon any person who shall unlawfully manufacture, deal in, acquire, dispose or possess any low-powered firearm such as rim fire handgun, 380 or 32 and other firearm of similar firepower, part of firearm, ammunition or machinery, tool or instrument used or intended to be used in the manufacture of any firearm or ammunition: Provided that no other crime was committed.”
      “The penalty of prision mayor in its minimum period and a fine of Thirty Thousand pesos (30,000.00) shall be imposed if the firearm is classified as high-powered firearm which includes those with bores bigger in diameter that .38 caliber and 9 millimeter such as caliber 40, 41,44, 45 and also lesser calibered firearms but considered powerful such as caliber 357 and caliber .22 center fire magnum and other firearms with firing capability of full automatic and by burst of two or three: Provided however, That no other crime was committed by the person arrested.”
    • Applicable provisions of Republic Act No. 8294 Section 2. Presidential Decree No. 1866. Presumption of illegal Manufacture of Firearms or Ammunition – The possession of any machinery, tool or instrument used directly in the manufacture of firearms or ammunition, by any person whose business or employment does not lawfully deal with the manufacture of firearms or ammunition, shall be prima facie evidence that such article is intended to be used in the unlawful/illegal manufacture of firearms or ammunition.
      Section 7. Presidential Decree No. 1866. Unauthorized issuance of Authority to Carry Firearm and/or Ammunition Outside of Residence – The penalty of prision correccional shall be imposed upon any person, civilian or military, who shall issue authority firearm and/or ammunition outside of residence, without authority therefore.
      Firearm” as herein used, includes rifles, muskets, carbines, shotguns, revolvers, pistols and all other deadly weapons from which a bullet, ball, shot, shall or other missile may be discharged by means of gunpowder or other explosives. The term also includes air rifles and air pistols not classified as toys under the provisions of Executive Order No. 712 dated 28 July 1981. The barrel of any firearm shall be considered a complete firearm.
      Ammunition” - refers to loaded shells for rifles, muskets, carbines, shotguns, revolvers, pistols and other firearms from which a bullet, ball, shot, shall or other missile may be fired by means of gunpowder of explosives.
      Permit To Carry Firearm Outside of Residence” - is written authority issued to any person by the Chief of Constabulary which entitles such person o carry his licensed or lawfully issued firearms outside of residence for the duration and purpose specified therein.
      Residence” – refers to that place where the firearm and ammunition is being permanently kept. It includes the office or house where it is kept and premises of the house enclosed by walls and gates separating said premises from adjacent properties. For firearms covered by a Regular License or Special Permit their residence shall be hat specified in the license or permit; and those covered by a Certificate of Registration or a Memorandum Receipt their residence in the office/station to which the grantee belongs.
    NUMBER AND TYPES OF FIREARMS THAT MAY BE POSSESSED

• Each individual may hold under license a maximum of only one (1) low-powered rifle caliber 22 or shotgun not heavier than 12 gauge and one (1) pistol or revolver, not higher than caliber .38 except caliber .357 and caliber .22 center fire magnum and those which may later be classified by the Chief, Philippine National Police (C, PNP) as high-powered regardless of the type, make or caliber.
    • Officers and non-commissioned police officers enlisted personnel in the active service and in the retired list of the Philippine National Police (PNP) and Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) may hold under license a maximum of only one (1) low powered rifle caliber .22 or shotgun not heavier than 12 gauge and one (1) sidearm of any type or caliber.
    • Commissioned Officers in good standing of the Reserve Force of the AFP who are on inactive status may hold under license a maximum of only one (1) low-powered rifle caliber .22 or shotgun not heavier than 12 gauge and one (1) sidearm not heavier than caliber .45, except caliber .357 and caliber .22 center fire magnum and those which may later be classified by the C, PNP as high-powered regardless of the type, make and caliber.
    LEGAL SOURCES OF FIREARMS

• Firearms may be procured/purchased from any of the following sources:
      • Licensed firearm holder, through transfer or sale
      • Licensed firearm holder, through purchase
      • Importation/Purchase Abroad
    • If the firearm was acquired through transfer or sale from a duly licensed holder, the firearm should be delivered by the transfer/vendor to the transferee/buyer only after the latter has secured the corresponding license.
    • The importation or purchase of firearms and ammunition abroad by individual has been suspended by order of the President (SOP Nr 13 dated September 19, 1991).
      c. General Policies on Possession of Firearms by Diplomats
      SUBJECT: Possession of Firearms by Diplomats in the Philippines
      TO: Chief Philippine Constabulary
      Camp Crame, Quezon City
      • Authority:
        • Sections 887 and 888, Revised Administrative Code.
        • G. O. 7-B, SOP dated 17 January 1973.
      • Purpose: This letter prescribes the guidance in the possession of firearms by diplomats in the Philippines.
      • Definition: Diplomats shall include ambassadors, consuls, ministers, attaches and secretaries of foreign mission in the Philippines including representatives of the United Nations.
      • General Policies on Firearms:
        • Under our present laws, the possession of firearms by foreigners shall be in accordance with pertinent rules and regulations promulgated by competent authority.

OFF TOPIC: If anyone breaks in our property and my husband happens to t the theft to defend our family, as a license gun holder I will own up the responsibility as I believe it is considered STILL AS SELF DEFENSE. This is just my thoughts though. ( IF THE THEFT IS DEAD, the police wouldn't know.)

5. nice_sherwood

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

And be a target for kidnappers and holdapers lol. PLUS you can't really enjoy the car in Philippines with the roads and traffic so for me it just doesn't make sense to invest in an expensive car just to show around and put your life at risk. Theres a lot of desperate people there that just don't care if they kill anyone just as long as they get what they want.

6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    NS: that's quite a bit of reading. I am quite sure in law there is a provision against foreigners owning firearms though. If you can point out a section that states I am, as a FOREIGNER (and not a spouse), allowed to own and register a firearm please do so. Please direct me to the nearest government office that I need to go and submit the paperwork as well, I'll be there first thing next week. I am almost certain it is NOT a possibility though.

7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I only want it if I can buy it cheap and sell to a tw@t with too much money. :wink:

8. nice_sherwood

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I only highlighted the part about the foreigners owning a gun in pPhilippines because it didn't really say that under no circumstance a foreigner can't own a gun. But I know for a start that as long as the gun is license and you happen to shoot anyone inside your property, that is considered as self defense regardless if your a foreigner. I think it is more so to the point of buying unregistered black market guns but if it's license and you use it properly then I believe you shoudlnt be subject to any conviction.

9. nice_sherwood

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Youll probably call me an ungrateful b*tch if I say I'm driving one but not really a z3 but a Lexus and merc because for me, a car is a car. LOL. My husband hates me for it because I don't show any appreciation to it but my only point is, as long as they have airbags and they're safe to drive then I'm happy! Lol

10. nice_sherwood

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    But if you are caught carrying one without a license especially the black market ones, you are in deep sh*t. Prison, deportation and even black listed.