Dumaguete Info Search

Litterbug pulls gun on security guard

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by shadow, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Firefly44

Firefly44 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +71 / 4
    Clever and successful in business, especially in a third world environment, always has some they have crossed in the wrong way and others who are envious. Also these kind of people can sometimes come across as arrogant and know all.. I hope this Guy can make his way out of this not to terrible situation. No one shot and the dumping of garbage highlighted ( Actually it is funny that a foreigner is the one dumping garbage.. LOL ) Take Care All..

2. nice_sherwood

nice_sherwood DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Just a question, is it the latest model of z3? I only saw an old BMW z3 there driving around Duma and not once ever saw a new one and I always drive pass edelweiss because I live in candau-AY. It would be nice to see one in Duma :-)

3. nice_sherwood

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

What is wrong if a foreigner is the one dumping the rubbish? I just don't see that as a big deal. My husband throw the rubbish straight to our front gate where the big bin is whenever it's full despite having 3 full time helpers and I do the same thing. It doesn't mean that you have lived in Philippines that you will have to forget your old ways (doing the household chores by yourself). We still help our helpers do the household cleaning and dumping the rubbish is not a big thing unless of course it is for some people.

@malmoman- in my own opinion to share is okay but if you want to send out text messages to all your friends that's what we call us bragging and being a show off. People that just need attention. To what I've seen with my husband and his friends whenever they buy new cars they dontt ring up friends to come and see it... They will see it when they see each other and let them have a test drive but messaging all your friends cause you have a new car? That's just pathetic. They see it when they come around. (but it's all different in every individual :-) )

4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Would be interesting to see if he reads this thread as he is/was a member on here under two different names "egon" and "dumaguetesprings" ! Unless he is banged up in some sweat hole right now. There are a couple of old threads on here.

5. MalmoMan

MalmoMan Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    He knows what is going on or he soon will..... wife, daughter and brother are members..... so the word is out!
    I hope the sweat hole is a female......for now.

6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It's also called illegal.

7. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    It is possible to get a firearms licence here in the Philippines under certain circumstances, I know a foreigner here who always packs and for a good reason! Also the wife packs a pistol.
    There was also a foreigner who shot an intruder coming over their fence after being warned several times,the cops had need looking for him for a while, he survived but was dead within six months as he did not learn!
    We regularly go shooting with the local cops and have been told on many an occasion if anyone breaks into your property or even enters without permission with intent to harm "shoot first".

8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Under what law? What provisions? What circumstances? What government agency do I apply at? Someone please show me a FILIPINO law stating I can possess a firearm as a foreigner and NOT registering under a spouses name. I don't care what the cops say, they are idiots. Maybe they overlook it but doesn't make it legal.

9. nice_sherwood

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

I agree with SHOOT FIRSt because this is what I've been told as well and if it's taken to court it is more than likely be considered as self defense because you are inside your property and that person is considered as intruder and IF I MAY ADD, if you have noticed An intruder make sure to ring the cops first and make them come around so if they get there and you have shot someone at least it's in the record. :-).

Do you go to Sibulan firing range? I like firing the m16 lol

10. DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Correct regular foreigners cannot own a firearm! I do not an cannot own a firearm,the circumstances have to be grave but there are some who can own! I will not disclose the reason why they pack as it is a personal matter for them,they have legitimate permits and believe me if I were them I would pack also!