Dumaguete Info Search

Living Abroad - Banking

Discussion in 'Banking - Investing - Finances' started by Brian Oinks, Apr 6, 2017.

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Just get the mrs to bury you in the garden and never say anything,problem solved she can carry on receiving your pension :smile:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Already tried that one mate, but d*mn! :inpain: Makes planning ahead so hard as Filipino's are SO SENSITIVE if you even mutter the word; "DEATH" :dead:

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I will never put my money in a bank in the Philippines, don't trust them. If your money disappear, you can hop and dance, it's your problem, if you not came here, it would never happen lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Sorry but I totally Disagree with this Statement, I have had my PNB account for over 10 years and never had a problem. In Fact let me ask who here on this Board has had the problem Suggested in this Post?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  5. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Raises hand.
    It was 8 years ago now but a crooked manager at (name withheld due to libel laws here) was stealing thousands of pesos from my account but I could not prove it. He was doing it by taking an extra 10K for himself when I used an ATM to take out 10K. When asked he would say I must have done 2 transactions as that is what shows on their records. Fortunately he got his @ss fired and the problem cleared up. I was never able to prove it and never got the money back. Lesson learned, there ARE crooked people working in banks and they CAN steal our money. (Or at least they could 8 years ago.)

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    So you had a crooked bank employee, not a crooked Bank as was stated, we know there are crooked people all over and Threads over all forums will have similar stories but for me in the main, I feel safe with my Bank
    Going with something Dustin (Wrye) said a couple of days ago, the bank in question did something about it's employee which means they are against this type of thing, and made moves to stop it, to me, this made them out to be a good bank in the end :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  7. Liverpool fan

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Trust is individuel, good for you, that you can trust your bank, so far. This is not my personal experience, but know people have their bank account hacked and others been victims for ATM scams. In Philippines you lose your money, where I come from, my bank are responsible. I keep savings and small investment in my own country, sleep best that way

8. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    I hear you but both these issues you quote are not always (If ever) a Banks fault, Due Diligence comes into this, I hear & understand what you say about the Banks responsibility in the West But only if there is NO negligence on the customers part. Banks all over the World have these and many more problems that I feel could be fewer if we (The customer) were just that little more careful.

Now my Friend I think we are now off Topic so maybe a new Thread on banking is in order :wink:

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I have found the BPI Bank here in Dumaguete much nicer to deal with than the Commonwealth Bank back in Australia, same can be said regards several Building Societies I dealt with back in Oz! So far so good *touch wood* the excellent service here at BPI continues... :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Liverpool fan

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Happy to hear about excellent customer service in Philippines