Dumaguete Info Search

Living Abroad - Banking

Discussion in 'Banking - Investing - Finances' started by Brian Oinks, Apr 6, 2017.

1. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I have had problems with Building Societies in Australia, also had problems with the Commonwealth (a MAJOR) Bank making a big booboo with adding up after I made a withdrawal one time and came after me with claws out, but never said a word when I ended up finding the problem and pointing out it was them who miscalculated the total, not me!

Also had a problem at the Bendigo Bank where I withdrew one fortnight and at the end of the day thought I must have lost/misplaced $100.00... The following fortnight I again withdrew my pension and when I allotted my payments discovered I was $100.00 short so went back to the counter to ask them to recount and double check as I was given money $100.00 short, they told me if at the end of the day it totaled up and found it was up $100.00 they would fix the problem, nothing... The following fortnight I got the same woman I had dealt with the previous two times, this time I watched her count the money *cough cough* then continue counting then slid it to me, I was frozen in thought when she asked me if there was a problem and I asked her to count again, so again, count count *cough cough* count, slide......... I looked at the money and this time the Manager came over and asked if there was a problem? I told her YES THERE WAS! Count again but this time COUNT SLOWLY AND DO NOT COUGH! Sure enough; $100.00 SHORT! I SPAT THE DUMMY BIG TIME!! TWO TIMES previously this scag had counted my money and coughed during the counting, only this time I caught her out! I was eventually asked to leave the Bank and was never compensated for the two times I was ROBBED, but the following fortnight that skanky cow was nowhere to be seen so I assumed she had either been sacked or relocated to another branch, but what she did was not the Bank, it was the individual at fault in my opinion...

Another time we had $1600 taken from our joint (Bendigo Bank) account and challenged the Bank who investigated and found they had been hacked, but indirectly accused us of giving out our username/password. So they set us up with a 'token' which generated random Pin numbers to securely access our account where we had to input the randomly generated numbers at each step of the online process, and reimbursed us the money. During the setup period, the Manager phoned my ex and informed her as to what she was doing, then said; "Oh you are already using the token, good"... My ex informed her NO WAY! She was in the middle of the shopping centre and was nowhere near a PC! The Manager excused herself and put the ex on hold, a few minutes later she came back and was very surprised, as she had just caught the Hacker (a woman in America) in OUR Account in the process of transferring the replaced $1600 to an account in America, and had informed Police in the States, whom she said were en-route to picking up the suspected hacker.

So even with security up to the wazoo in place, no Bank can honestly 100% assure the customer that their account is safe from being robbed regardless of where you live. Not that I believe anyways...

2. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You are right, there are criminals everywhere, in some country there are more crime than in others. The big difference between banks in Philippines and Europe, banks in Europe will act responsible and cover your loss.

3. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Did a quick look up and thought this sounded great until I read the comments section; :o o:

[​IMG]
    Joe Ortega
    ·
    Cebu Institute of Technology-University
    My account in Metrobank-Cebu Branch was hacked and i lost around P200,000. I made a complained but in vain (no action from the Metrobank until now). ( Happened last May 2015)
    Like · Reply · May 28, 2016 11:53am · Edited

Bank exec assures: PH banks secure from hackers

• Informative Informative x 1