Dumaguete Info Search

Local Spitters on Motorbikes

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by PatO, Aug 31, 2010.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,538 / 1,016
    Maybe it is just me or perhaps it is the season for spitting but lately on my bike I've been dodging nasty spit balls from both motorbike riders and pedicab jockeys. It is one thing to dodge their unpredictable sh__ty driving but having to watch out for those moron's turds flying out of their mouths is bad. To keep from getting hit, I have my wife watch for it and holler "incoming" so I can concentrate on watching for them to stop in front of me, make a u-turn in front me, or cut across from the left side to make a right turn, and dial their cell phones and not pay attention to the road. Maybe that is why some of the locals carry umbrellas on their bikes.

2. MalmoMan

MalmoMan Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is Dumagute.....not Aviara in Carlsbad or California Freeways. I agree with You and I have had the same experience..... The only time I spit was when I played Aviara Golf course, because the green fees are so d*mn expensive. LOL. Well now we are in Philippines and we did chose to live here. Good Luck!

Ben from Carlsbad, California 25 years there!

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    well, you are lucky... 2 years ago I was riding behind a trike-transport were 2 fat pork where tight up on the back of it. A few minutes later, 50 km/per hour, some panic squeaking, and tons of pork own body-liquids (where I don't wanna get in further details) where hitting.

well, when the sh*t hits the fan ....

4. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,538 / 1,016
    Ben, I swear this is true, had to go back to town after writing that thread and on the way back an ahole in an open truck spit out a nasty and the spray got my arm... punishment for bad mouthing the locals. Actually, I like it here a lot, a few morons get my irish up now and then but the housing costs sure beats Carlsbad. I do miss the Carlsbad weather, restuarants, and LaCosta but am adjusting and enjoying life.

5. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,538 / 1,016
    Rhoody, that must have been a real crappy ride :(

6. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Let me get this straight...You drive around Dumaguete presumably locked and loaded and let locals spit on you without dropping them. What is this - some sensitive new age Marine thing?

7. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,538 / 1,016
  8. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    LOL - couldn't resist. Got more time standing Office Hours than you got in the Marine Corps. The UCMJ was extracted from my DD-214 - but shortened so they could fit it on posters.....Have fun Marine....

9. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    the trouble with the spitters is if they have TB then if you ingest or breath the fluids then you might get TB, I spoke to a DR here & he said even walking into a bathroom or small room after someone with TB sneezes you are at risk of getting TB, also with the greenies flowing so much out of the drivers you can catch goodness what, these greenies lay on the road to be dried and carried away by the wind to your nose or eyes.