Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Location Icon

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    FYI: If you don't want people to see this information you can disable the feature in the privacy settings:

upload_2018-5-4_15-6-55.png

Default is "Members Only". Change that to "Nobody" to disable the feature for your account.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. di-john

di-john DI New Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    I think this is the right answer. The server move may have kicked out saved (cached) login location data and the info will update as people log back in. There may be some kinks (such as settings you mentioned) but it does seem to be updating for some users now (it's working on islander time.)

Thanks for your help @Wrye83

• Like Like x 2
  3. di-john

di-john DI New Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Ah, touché! We're not using Cloudflare right now. My guess would be that Xenforo sets user flags by default based on the server location if the user hasn't explicitly set a location. Given that the server was already in Singapore, I may be wrong (which is okay, it won't be the first for this hour and won't be the last.) There may also be a difference in the server config. Not sure, but it's on my to do list. :wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. di-john

di-john DI New Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Yes, the server has been moved to Singapore. Same hosting provider, just closer to the fine folks of Dumaguete. We also needed to address performance issues from the previous regime.

Thanks for pointing out this issue. I'll check into it. Please point out any other problems which you come across (be easy on me, I'm only do servers, I'm not a doctor or a psychologist) Thanks!

• Like Like x 2