Dumaguete Info Search

Looking for guidance

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by gcags, Oct 13, 2019.

Tags:
  1. gcags

gcags DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Hi all, I am new to this forum but would like to get redirected to the right forum. I am looking for recommendations for a good not so expensive family lawyer to help woth changing surnames.

Back story, my partner's last name does not reflect her mothers'. Also my son's middle name does not reflect hers.

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    You need to go to the PSA ( Philippine Statistics Agency Previously the NSO, up By the Hypermart, they are the ones to do that but be prepared for a fairly long wait all round

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    gcags

gcags DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yes we did, but was deemed not suitable for Clerical entry, rather a court order to really change the whole full name. We consulted with a lawyer friend in Cebu but he can't practice outside Cebu so we are looking for recommendations in Dumaguete.

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    This I do not Understand, Only the PSA can make amendments to a Birth certificate and my Friend even if a Court demands it, It Will still be the PSA that do the Changes so, I wonder what your lawyer is on about, We have been there and done this on 2 occasions now and My friend Our lawyer is in CEBU so you maybe being led up the garden Path here

5. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    teh psa can only make some amendments, for a complete name surname change it will require petitioning the court and getting a judge's order.

https://www.pressreader.com/philippines/manila-times/20110912/282093453458899

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  6. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    what can I sayWho knows (dave (1).jpg Took me over 5 years to get a worthwhile Court date and Appearance for Adoption. The List is very Long on the Domestic issues. Wishing the OP success But........................:banghead:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    how long it takes will likley be in direct correlation to h0ow connected his lawyer is and how much he is willing to pay.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Pop in ad see the lady opposite the immigration office .... I think her name is Atty Pintor. I heard she is pretty good and honest

9. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,105 / 241
    I went through this on on my fiancee visa. First name on birth certificate didn't match name wife had went by her entire life. To get it changed required a court order and publishing the name change in a local newspaper for 3 weeks. It required a lawyer and took about a year to get done.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    One of my ex's had the same issue, didn't find out until we went to get a passport. We just gave up and she started going by her legal name for any official business. Nobody cared.

• Like Like x 1