Dumaguete Info Search

Lord Byron's - Cheeseburger Heaven.....

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Irenicus, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Irenicus

Irenicus DI Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 7
    Lord B's just opened last month. This is the best thing to happen to Dumaguete for quite some time. Huge ribs (no sweet crap on it) and cheeseburgers to die for - as in, they would be considered good burgers in the West. I don't know how they afford to sell these behemoths (real beef - no filler, char grilled to your request) for 150 pesos, but do yourself a favor and check it out.

Heading South: Pass Robisons Mall, pass Pheonix Gas Station, and at Nissan Showcase take left into Hermogina Apts road. Lord B's is right there. Not much parking and their customer service only has a month's experience, but it's worth it.

Ribs are also 150 and come with garlic rice. Sisig is not so great. Sizzling boneless bangus is bangin'.

Lord Byrons BackRibs Dumaguete - Barbecue Restaurant | Facebook

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thanks for the post. I will have to try this when I get back. I used to get my cheeseburgers at a restobar next to the old Garcia's. Nice to know there is someone filling the void.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    I TOTALLY AGREE...

I had the chesse burger for lunch at Lord Byrons yesterday... and it was fantastic for the second time. I kept eyeballing the rib orders while at lunch... looked like a good serving at 149 P. I went back at 8 PM determined to break my addiction to their cheeseburger by ordering ribs. Unfortunately too many of you guys are going there..... They were out of ribs and cheese burgers.... so I left. I went to my other favorite place for Baby Back Ribs, Pop's and they were great but there were 230 P. I am determined to taste Lord Byron's ribs as I have heard nothing but good things about them.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Irenicus

Irenicus DI Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 7
    Word is getting around and they are seriously going to need a bigger restaurant and kitchen area to keep up with the demand.

• Like Like x 1
    • Genius Genius x 1
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It would be nice if other restaurants would take note that if you serve good food you will get more customers Instead, only a select few businesses are following Lord Byron's business plan.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Survivor Adik

Survivor Adik DI Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    It's nice that they finally opened a branch here Dumaguete... no more need to go to Bacolod just to get their baby back ribs which we usually order...

• Like Like x 3
  7. Dave & Imp

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    The business formula here is:" If you are not getting enough customers or revenue and you need more money just raise you prices for the few customers you have here." Works every time until they have the going out of business sale... lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dave & Imp

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    I have continued my patronage at Lord Byrons, including a try of the ribs. The Ribs were good, but not as great as the Cheeseburger in comparison to others available here in Dumaguete.
    Interesting I went last night, arriving about 7, hopefully before they ran out of Ribs or Cheeseburgers. The place was full and I had a difficult time getting a place to sit, but both Cheeseburgers and ribs were available. I have never seen a place in a location off the main street grow and be accepted so soon.
    So far I have meet three friends there. All had the cheeseburger and all three said it was the best Cheeseburger in town. Lord Byrons may have made their reputations on ribs, but their Cheeseburgers are the best.
    They are closed on Tuesday, so if you read this post you will just to wait before experiencing their cheeseburgers another day. :smile:

9. Mogo51

Mogo51 DI Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 7
    [DOUBLEPOST=1425344093,1425343965][/DOUBLEPOST]Funny how the world seems to follow the same pattern, at least Asia anyway. They do the same here in Thailand, business is slow or house is empty, so they put UP the price!
    I am sure there is some logic to it, but buggered if I can work out what it is?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Ah Well Mogo, if you or any of us could answer that we would be Millionaires! :wink: but price increases are instant Profit.

JP :bag: :whistling: