Dumaguete Info Search

Vehicles & Servicing Loss of OR/CR from previous owner after sale

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by FD_Chris, Jun 17, 2019.

1. FD_Chris

FD_Chris DI New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I purchased a second-hand bike from the original owner, who has since lost the OR and CR. The original owner is known and can be trusted. Therefore, please don't reply criticising or flaming for not getting the documents beforehand. The owner has agreed to assist with the LTO in getting these documents replaced.

We understand that an Affidavit of Loss is required, to be filled in by the original owner, and notarized. As the LTO do not have an official template for this document, we have found multiple reputable ones online.

Two forms of valid ID are required from the original owner, which is not a problem.

Here are the online resources used:

Loss of the OR:
    http://www.lto.gov.ph/motor-vehicle...ge-of-certificate-of-registration.html#trans1

Loss of the CR:
    http://www.lto.gov.ph/motor-vehicle...e-of-certificate-of-registration.html#trans17

FAQ relating to loss of OR/CR (Point 9):
    http://lto.gov.ph/frequently-asked-questions/motor-vehicle-registration.html

Once this is done, the transfer of ownership will have to be done.

- What are the fees involved for replacing the document(s)?
    - Can anyone share their experiences with this, and provide helpful steps to speed up the process or at least make it more efficient?
    - What things (pitfalls) should be avoided?
    - What else is useful to know before beginning the procedure with the LTO?
    - Are there other documents not mentioned that are helpful in obtaining these documents?

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Darran_Stanners

Darran_Stanners DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 18
    Maybe you should have asked before you decided to buy it, he has the money and you have the grief, when all is said and done, a brand new bike would have been cheaper. (but on the good side, you cant buy that sort of experience)

3. Solid_Pan

Solid_Pan DI Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +92 / 2
    Just go to the LTO near Capitolio and ask at their Help Desk/Customer Service. My experience there ist that they are very helpful and will tell you exactly what papers they need.

4. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    You shouldn't have any problems. Writing an Affidavit of Loss is simple with a laptop and just get the previous owner to sign with notarization, plenty of copies, six should do. which in itself is a simple and cheap thing to do. Plenty of Notary Publics around who only charge a nominal fee. Í don't understand what all the drama is about.

5. barryrio

barryrio DI Member

Ratings:
    +328 / 26
    If you google LTO loss of documents you will find the whole procedure clearly explained straight from the horse's mouth. It requires slightly more than just the affidavit of loss. The bike has to go to the Highway Patrol premises and possibly the pulis for etching as well. However, it is not costly or difficult. I have to do the same with my XR125 as GudMoto lost the original CR at the get go (but obviously deny it lol)!

6. OP
    OP
    FD_Chris

FD_Chris DI New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thank you for your answer. I was there recently and enquired about the requirements. They were extremely busy and just told me to produce an Affidavit of Loss. I feel additional documents may be required.

As it's also closer to me, do you think the LTO at Robinsons Place may also be able to provide information on what is required? I haven't yet been to this office so I do not know its reputation on how helpful they are.

7. OP
    OP
    FD_Chris

FD_Chris DI New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thanks for sharing your experience. As mentioned, I've already gathered some of the requirements as specified in the links provided in my original post, directly from the LTO's site. Here is one of the requirements from that page:

"Actual inspection of motor vehicles with duly accomplished MVIR."

Is this the same as taking the bike to the Highway Patrol premises and to the Police for etching, as you had mentioned? Or is this something additional?

8. barryrio

barryrio DI Member

Ratings:
    +328 / 26
    I believe the inspection will probably refer to the visit to the Highway Patrol but can't be 100% certain. Being somewhat lazy, I decided to let the lady who processes change of ownership for my vehicles do the legwork, as one of the payments required involves a visit to Landbank, which from previous experience is to be avoided at all costs as they can be painfully slow!!! So I let her do the standing in line and just produce the bike when and where required when she asks me to!

9. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Yeah sorry forgot the bit about getting the serial numbers copied ..... still simple enough though,
    no dramas.

• Agree Agree x 1