Dumaguete Info Search

LPG tanks and propane

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by DeRail, Aug 14, 2014.

1. OP
    OP
    DeRail

DeRail DI Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 5
  2. horizon155

horizon155 DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor

Information Tech
    Ratings:
    +121 / 44
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Haha oztony, exactly what ran through my head when my wife purchased a 2 burner gas stove, she wanted it rigged up right next to our bedroom .."NO THANK YOU" , especially since the fittings werent lining up and even if they did I'm not about to put my familys life in danger over the amazingly great quality China made product... :wink:

3. oztony

oztony DI Senior Member Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +211 / 39
    In oz any device or gas connection outside must be 1.5 metres from the nearest window and from any ignitable source , aircon unit etc , that has electricity running to it , if the bottle leaks the gas will pool down low and could be ignited when an electrical device is turned on . The thing that concerns me is do they ever really pressure test the bottles/cylinders at timely intervals , like pressure test the bottle with a greater pressure than what is required to contain the propane that is to be stored in the bottles

"LPG cylinders should be earthed while being filled by placing them on the ground to limit the risk of static electricity build from the flow of gas,"

View attachment 11352

The barbecue hadn't been used for several months and the cylinder had not been turned off. When the air conditioner kicked in, the gas ignited."

Attached Files:

4. redneck

redneck DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    My tank is housed outside, with tubing coming in a small the wall to the stove.

5. horizon155

horizon155 DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor

Information Tech
    Ratings:
    +121 / 44
    Blood Type:
    A+
    lets hope that tank is outside a brick/cement wall not like my bamboo wall lol

6. redneck

redneck DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    LOL!! Yes, that could mean disaster!! Yeah...ours is concrete.

7. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    fwiw...
    the matio propane depot on santa catalina st. is switching from gasul brand to petronas and will swap your old gasul tank and regulator for the petronas model.

i like the petronas 11kgs net weight tanks and regulators way better than the similar sized gasul units. the petronas top handle/ring is much wider so it's easier to install the regulator. the regulator can simply be pushed down on the tank stem but won't lock onto the tank unless the regulator on/off switch is in the off position.

could be the gas or could be the regulator but our oven runs much better with the petronas unit. with the gasul unit, the burner flame had a lot of yellow in it and wanted to go out when we preheated for baking unless we keep the door cracked, like it was starving for oxygen. no problem with the petronas setup.

be aware that matio has two grades of gas hose. the less expensive hose only lasted us a year before it started deteriorating. the higher priced hose has metal mesh reinforcing.

8. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Ditto!!!!!

9. redneck

redneck DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +10 / 0

Oops...small hole

10. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary