Dumaguete Info Search

Government & Education Best Posts in Thread: LTO at mall super busy lately - reason?

1. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Don't know, the door opener beckoned me over and asked me if I was a senior and I politely said yes.

• Like Like x 5
  2. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    Cebu - Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña warned all motorcycle dealers on Thursday that if they want to keep their business, they'll pay for the motorcycles registered with the Land Transportation Office (LTO). - klajoo.com - In his press conference, Osmeña said that several motorcycle dealers pay late or no registration at the LTO. The mayor said: "We have this terrible situation, what happens when motorcycle dealers do not pay the registration, it took even longer to get the registration papers." After complaining to the numerous buyers of motorcycles and new car customers about this fraudulent dealer practice, Osmeña wants to initiate an investigation against the dealer. EPD 17.06.2018 - 3:55

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    There was a 10 month backlog of licenses to clear when the finally started giving out those 5 year licences. When I (and everyone else it seems) went in there in Feb they were already giving out appointments in August for people to come back and claim their 5 year license. So it stands to reason they will have double the number of people in there ever day until the backlog is cleared. (Double because of those expiring now plus those who still have to get their license from last year.) I don't expect it to clear up any time soon, but maybe the smaller towns have cleared their backlog already. If you have not yet started the renewal then maybe take a trip up to the LTO in Bais?

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    I'm at the same issue. My license is actually expired but everytime I check its so very packed and has been for the last couple months. My time is mine and I don't care spending a day to renew my license because the LTO is filled with so much nonsense and backlogs because of corrupt government bullsh*t.

• Agree Agree x 2