Dumaguete Info Search

LTO- local driver's license conversion

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by ThatNewGuy, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Tbrown

Tbrown DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Okay hi guys. Regarding this topic

The link people were referencing to the Lto website is no longer working.

I went through the Lto website and could no longer find any mention anywhere about the 6 month or 1 year valid visa for foreign license conversion.

I called the QC main branch of LTO and they said it is not a requirement but they said other lto offices may require it.

Well the Lto offices where I am are saying its 1 year valid visa to be granted license conversion. But the QC main office told me goto them and they will grant it no issues about any visa length.

Unfortunately I cannot just travel to QC as I'm not on luzon and the covid travel restrictions are problematic.

Is anyone up to date on this visa requirement? It seems the Lto reversed the decision and wiped all references to its existence from their website. Even their main LTO office in Quezon City says its not required to have a visa valid for 6 months or a year to get foreign license conversion.

But the Lto in my area is saying 1 year is required at their branch. What the heck!

2. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

when i first came here i listed my residence as hotel essentia which is where i was staying at the time. on my renewal i was required to continue to list my residence as hotel essentia even tho i had long moved away from there. i was told it was not possible to change my address. will try again on my next renewal next year. (it took a year to get the actual license renewal in plastic in my possession and had to use a paper receipt during the intervening year)

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    If you change your address for your ACR-I (Immigration) be aware that you are supposed to inform the BI of an address change within a week or something like that (?). My neighbour was fined thousands of pesos for waiting several months before reporting the change to BI.

I know I'm off topic so throw a rotten mango at me. LOL

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I sent BI Cebu a letter re change of address but nothing ever happened. They they still have me registered at the old address. Dont bother any more, will just keep telling them my wife's family address as it was registered during 2006.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    You do what you want. If you get caught out make sure you have lots of cash on hand for a heafty fine. Anyone that has moved here from another region would need a creative excuse to explain why they were renewing a visa or ACR-I in Dumagete. If it was me I would just say I moved here last week.
    You said you sent Cebu a letter and nothing happened. It could be they tossed your letter in the trash. If push comes to shove good luck proving it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Something as important as that, would it be best if one got it notarized?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tbrown

Tbrown DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    You gagos, stick to the topic!

Can anyone find reference to the 6 month or 1 year visa requirement anywhere on the current lto website?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    OHHHHHHHHHHH you ended your post with an LOL, NMRN will not like that. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    LTO site makes no mention of minimum time limit on visa. Clicking on the 'Non-Professional Driver's Licence' link for more info is a dead end - dud link.