Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Lto news

1. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,096 / 332
    From what I see on the roads everyday even on our new 4 lane highways it seems to be the safest way to pass as nobody ever uses the right lane.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Roadwitch80

Roadwitch80 DI Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 62
    Who will do the demerits when there’s zero enforcement to traffic rules?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 2
  3. IggyPop

IggyPop DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +115 / 50
    That's because the right lane often has a tree or lamp post in the middle of it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    The Land Transportation Office or LTO is now rationalizing driver’s licenses and one of the key takeaways here: be ready to attend a road safety seminar prior to your renewal. The news comes out after the LTO published the Implementing Rules and Regulations of Republic Act 10930.

In it, it states that any motorist who currently holds a driver’s license (non-professional or professional) with a 5-year validity will have to undergo a mandatory road safety and proper road courtesy seminar prior to renewal. Meanwhile, those who hold a driver’s license with a 3-year validity will be allowed to move onto a driver’s license with a 5-year validity. After that, these individuals will have to undergo the same road safety seminar prior to their next renewal.

The rationale for this is that the LTO will now be implementing a point-based demerit system, similar to what’s being used in countries such as the United States or the United Kingdom.

https://www.carguide.ph/2019/07/youll-be-required-to-attend-road-safety.html?m=1

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1