Dumaguete Info Search

Vehicles & Servicing LTO Office hours

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Koala, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Kevlar

Kevlar DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Blood Type:
    B+
    I got my Philippine license at the main office of LTO near the Freedom Park(?). I have a Canadian license and it took me about 2 hours to get a Philippine license. I don't know if that will help but that was how long it took me.

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    One month ago I was at LTO in Robinson to pick up my driving license, the permanent plastic card, was told they open 6 am when I go in their office and ask a few days before my scheduled appointment. I arrived at 6 am to LTO in Robinson, it was open already only 40 customers before me lol. A Filipino friend told me she would go there at 4 am to avoid stay there all day

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    As of last week, they now have this sign in the door at LTO Robinsons

LTO.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. furriner

furriner DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +348 / 70
    We have conversion Philippine licenses based upon our foreign home license. No test required. Are you in a situation where you cannot obtain a conversion license and must take a full written exam where you get an original Philippine license? The one with the blue background on the ID pic that is accepted internationally (conversion license only accepted in Phils, white background on ID pic)? That is only needed if your foreign license (if any) expired, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    I do have a license issued on the basis of my current, valid California license. And thanks for the explanation of the color coding. I posted the link to a Tagalog exam study guide--and someone else subsequently posted an English version--for the information of anyone who may need it, as for example my domestic partner.

6. furriner

furriner DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +348 / 70
    So you can keep your conversion license as long as your California license is current, just as I must keep my NC license current. I do that but that makes me officially an NC resident which means I must pay NC taxes (but I can also vote for my party in midterms etc.). And we do go back about once per year to visit our son and daughter. We live there part of the year so their NC address is our US address as well, for NC drivers license, US bank account account, credit card, voter registration card and other important things. NC makes it mandatory to be considered a resident there after any amount of time earning any amount of money while living there, which we do with our pension deposited in an NC bank. For state income tax, we just have to specify how many months I lived there during the past year. If 6 weeks, then state tax is 6/52 of the normal tax. Not bad. If zero months, I suppose zero tax. You are from California and if you have a CA license, for sure you are a resident there and have a CA tax bill. Are you allowed to just pay of fraction like we can for NC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    Your first line is news to me, though I don't doubt that it is technically true. My California license is current. However, I have never been asked for it when renewing my Phs. license (3 times and counting). And at next renewal it will not be current, because it (the Cal license) must be renewed in person after age 70. And unlike you, I hold out for my children to visit me.

I maintain California residence in much the same set of ways as you. I own a house there. Since I am not actually in residence there at all (alternatively, I am in residence there full time), partial payment of taxes due is not an issue. I have never noticed it as an option in California. I pay tax due, it's not much.