Dumaguete Info Search

LTO set to implement helmet law in two weeks’ time

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by clear copy, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    just bought 2 helmets (posted here on the classifieds) from a guy past Malatapay. I believe the biggest advantage is not about safety...

I had one of the best rides with my Lady... The whole way from Malatapay to Dumaguete I could hear no single "peep" from her, what a nice peaceful ride. Thanks Shadow for the advice :D

3. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Make sure then, you block all web pages that advertise rider-pillion communications then too.

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    hahaha... I should be safe as long they don't advertise on Facebook.

Miraculously all other 25,270,000,000 Goggle-listed Websites seem to be untouched by Filipinas... O-xI

5. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    That is western world thinking that does not apply quite as well here. In the western world, the public picks up the tab when someone is hospitalized without funds. Here, if you don't have funds, you don't get hospitalized, the public does not pick up the tab, you die. Only the immediate family feel the burden.

Let's face it, if this were about saving lives, emphasis would be put on preventing accidents. Proper lighting, mirrors, horn, and teaching idiots to not make left hand turns from the right hand lane without signalling. It's not about saving lives, it is about money.

Larry

6. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Always glad to be of help!

:wink:

Larry

7. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Yesterday I saw 2 LTO traffic police riding with helmet's and mirrors. Looks like this thing might get serious.
    Ron

8. Lee from Canada

Lee from Canada DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well its Feb 1st And wow i just went downtown Carcar and did not see a single rider without a helmet and most wearing shoes
    It seems the meetings they have had worked . On a side note I just had to give my helmets to the family I guess i needed new ones because there a year old already LOL

9. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Tuesday afternoon on the Boulevard, 2 PNP on a bike. Driver wearing a baseball cap and passenger wearing a cycle helmet. Some 20 minutes later, 2 LTO on a bike, driver bare headed but with shades on and passenger with baseball cap (and texting).

10. nesert

nesert DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I Agree!

I agree with you.. But how is it true that the helmet law here in dumaguete has been rejected? or will not be implement at all?
    I dont understand people here in dumaguete, they suppose to agree with the helmet law because its for the safety. How could they disagree the safety? They act like ignorance. Of course they have to find ways to have P750 for the helmet. Why make excuses? So stupid that is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.