Dumaguete Info Search

LTO set to implement helmet law in two weeks’ time

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by clear copy, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sfgb35

sfgb35 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is there a clear and defined date, when we should put on our helmets aka Skid Lid ?
    I dont have an ICC stickered slid lid, its been fine when stopped in Leyte, Cebu, and Bohol guess here has to be different !!!
    The Helmets the PNP ride aroung in are rock climbing helmet copied from the US Special forces guys, they certainly dont have an ICC sticker.
    If i do get stopped, i am i within my rights to ask to see the LTO officers stickered helmet for reference of course . . . wonder how many of them will comply ?

2. paul-angie

paul-angie Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Apologies if I missed this, but

1..............exactly what date will this Helmet law be in force ?

2..............Also, what is the story on the Stickers ?

3...............Can existing Helmets we own, be acceptable, or do we have to buy new Helmets with Stickers ?

4.................I assume these Stickers are allocated by the LTO saying the Helmets that have them meet some sort of safety standard, yes ?

Thanks.

Paul.

3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    The ICC sticker is on the helmet on the back in the center, not issued by the LTO. It reflects a safety standard. The conundrum is that if you don't enforce a standard people might wear anything from a skull cap to a pot or pan. The other side of that is many folks don't have the money to go and purchase a stickered helmet. Let the games begin!

4. paul-angie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bummer,O-| I have to buy two new helmets in that case.

So, do you also have the answers to my other questions, perchance ?

Thanks.

Paul.

5. Cutie ladybug

Cutie ladybug DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's not much of a standard. The ones sitting CRACKED on the shelf at Unitop had the ICC sticker.

6. sfgb35

sfgb35 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  7. paul-angie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the update sfgb35

Paul.:cool:

8. sfgb35

sfgb35 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  9. Britster

Britster DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a SHOEI helmet, and my wife has a Nolan.

Whilst these are both excellent Helmets, neither has this 2009 ICC Sticker, as it did not exist when we bought them!

ICC Stickers before 2009 are no longer accepted as to easy to create FAKE Stickers!.

Such 2009 Silver ICC Sticker, like that one above, is a Hologram version, as you might be able to see.

This 2009 ICC Sticker apparently been superseded by a new 2012 Hologram ICC Sticker that they are apparently looking for.

Read somewhere, that they have being supplied with machines to detect Fake Stickers?

LTO to strictly enforce helmet law in NegOr

By Jennifer C. Tilos
    Saturday 5th of May 2012

10. sfgb35

sfgb35 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Balita sa Buntag:
    Paykas ang Temporary Restraining Order sa Helmet Law. Himpit nang ipatuman Karung Julyo 29 sa LTO, apan ang PNP Dumaguete pinasikad sa mando ni PNP regional director, Gen Marcelo Garbo mag una ug patuman ni-ini nga balaod karung Julyo 15 sa Dumaguete City ang RA 10054.

So the Helmet law will be implemented for the 15th July, Regional Director of the PNP, as the restraining order failed . . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.