Dumaguete Info Search

LTO set to implement helmet law in two weeks’ time

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by clear copy, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. culumbinus

culumbinus DI Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 20
    Perhaps because he is riding on his life.

2. Ninja

Ninja DI Member

Computer Engineer
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I have just come back from Cebu and Cagayan De Oro and after observing the different helmets used in Cebu, there were a variety of bicycle helmets used, skateboard looking helmets and not too many ICC certified helmets. I also noticed that only the rider wears the helmet and the passengers don't. This has been like this for 5 years or so since it was enforced so after reading the article from a previous post that they strict about rules and guidelines, if Cebu are so lenient, do you think Negros will follow suit?

Time will tell.

3. flxibl2006

flxibl2006 DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hi all,
    I got some more info on the ICC stickers today. They are inspecting helmets and issueing ICC stickers at the Kiwanas stage in front of city hall from 8-5 with lunch break. This from a couple of emails I received from an individual at the DTI, Dumaguete. This was the content:

Me: Hello, Where can I go to have my 2 helmets inspected and receive the ICC stickers so I may comply with the helmet law?
    DTI: Kiwanis stage in front of Dgte City Hall.
    Me: Hello, Sorry to bother you again, but is that every day? Do you know what times? Thank you for your promt reply!
    DTI: 8am-5pm with noon breaks, daily.

Apparently the helpful person at DTI has to pay for every word they type but I received a promt reply. Will bring my 2 helmets and check it out Friday, will post any news. Contact info found at Department of Trade and Industry - REGIONAL OPERATIONS - Location
    Scott

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Solution to all checkpoints: Get a fast bike (anything over 200cc), don't stop.

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    just look:

http://www.dumagueteinfo.com/board/...n-park-selling-icc-helmet-stickers-10806.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.