Dumaguete Info Search


LTO set to implement helmet law in two weeks’ time

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by clear copy, Jan 19, 2012.

Not open for further replies.
  1. culumbinus

    culumbinus DI Member

    Perhaps because he is riding on his life.
     
  2. Ninja

    Ninja DI Member

    I have just come back from Cebu and Cagayan De Oro and after observing the different helmets used in Cebu, there were a variety of bicycle helmets used, skateboard looking helmets and not too many ICC certified helmets. I also noticed that only the rider wears the helmet and the passengers don't. This has been like this for 5 years or so since it was enforced so after reading the article from a previous post that they strict about rules and guidelines, if Cebu are so lenient, do you think Negros will follow suit?

    Time will tell.
     
  3. flxibl2006

    flxibl2006 DI Member

    Hi all,
    I got some more info on the ICC stickers today. They are inspecting helmets and issueing ICC stickers at the Kiwanas stage in front of city hall from 8-5 with lunch break. This from a couple of emails I received from an individual at the DTI, Dumaguete. This was the content:

    Me: Hello, Where can I go to have my 2 helmets inspected and receive the ICC stickers so I may comply with the helmet law?
    DTI: Kiwanis stage in front of Dgte City Hall.
    Me: Hello, Sorry to bother you again, but is that every day? Do you know what times? Thank you for your promt reply!
    DTI: 8am-5pm with noon breaks, daily.

    Apparently the helpful person at DTI has to pay for every word they type but I received a promt reply. Will bring my 2 helmets and check it out Friday, will post any news. Contact info found at Department of Trade and Industry - REGIONAL OPERATIONS - Location
    Scott
     
  4. Rye83

    Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

    Solution to all checkpoints: Get a fast bike (anything over 200cc), don't stop.
     
  5. Rhoody

    Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

    just look:

    http://www.dumagueteinfo.com/board/...n-park-selling-icc-helmet-stickers-10806.html
     
Not open for further replies.
Loading...