Dumaguete Info Search

LTO set to implement helmet law in two weeks’ time

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by clear copy, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    Thanks Rhoody, that clears it up, fool I am, I should have known that it goes this way but I always fear some stupid acts to become reality...

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    ChMacQueen & simple minds

that's what those sites are made for, and that's a rather good one, however, reading the latest from the hearing 2 days ago I am convinced that there is no law implemented in 4 weeks either.

It certainly will come .... one day...

PS: @SM, got your mini-tv-series finally down, just not burned yet...

3. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +678 / 92
    when parked, i hang my helmet on the right mirror and have a small cable lock on it to keep the wind from blowing it away, think i saw some cable locks in do-it (robinson's)

so, does anyone have any statistics on how many moto accidents involve head injuries, or for that matter, how many moto accidents duma has per day?

thurs 4pm, i noticed a lot of drivers on the s. hi-way heading towards duma carrying helmets on their arm, guess they don't wanna get bug squishes on their face shields.

personally, i don't care if a person wants to risk his head in a accident but i'd like to see something done about all the unnecessary noise, that affects other people, made by those that worship unmuffled mufflers. (mumble... mumble...)

norm : ))~
    whose glad he was wearing a helmet when he was sliding face down, under his moto, on the pavement, kept the face shield to remind me of that one.

4. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Sure Rhoody, me too, I also believe in the 'Tooth Fairy', 'Santa Claus' and 'Honest Lawyers'.......:D

5. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Seriously? Do you honestly care? I've been here a very long time and I don't.
    If you have a $10 head, wear a $10 helmet, like the old advert said. A decent helmet that might save your life, (if you actually wear it correctly), may cost a labourer here, a week's wages, without 'Tanduay' and Sunday cockfighting or his weekly visit to his mistress.

6. Lee from Canada

Lee from Canada DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not sure about there but In Carcar they are going threw with the helmet law theres been lots of warnings and meetings about it Feb 1st will be the telling day here

7. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    And the beat goes on!

The Philippine National Police in Negros Oriental has again yielded to the calls of political leaders and the public, particularly in Dumaguete, not to enforce Republic Act 10054, or the mandatory helmet law, because of public opposition to the measure.

PNP deputy provincial director Supt. Alet Virtucio, said at the public forum on the mandatory helmet law Wednesday, that the police will not apprehend violators of the law on the wearing of helmets by motorcycle drivers and riders until the middle of this year.

This was after city officials noted a six-month prescribed period under the Implementing Rules and Regulations of RA 10054.

PNP provincial director Sr. Supt. Edward Carranza had announced the enforcement of RA 10054 in Negros Oriental on January 26.

Dumaguete, tagged as the “motorcycle capital” of the Philippines, has at least 28,000 motorcycle units registered..*JFP

DAILY STAR: Negros Oriental

Larry

8. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    Number one, habal-habal are not acknowledged by any law, or licensed by any authority.
    Number two, more than two on a motorclycle is illegal.

9. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    As I see it, driving or riding without a helmet endangers yourself, chiefly. They deserve a Darwin award, if not a citation. Driving without lights endangers others as well, so that should take precedence for the authorities. On the other hand, no-helmet is a financial burden on others and the public for hospital and burial expenses.

10. chappo

chappo DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The most dangerous part of riding or driving in the Philippines is the silly people are on the WRONG side of the road.
    Why oh why not get to the left?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.