Dumaguete Info Search

LTO warning RE roadworthiness

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by shadow, Jan 11, 2013.

1. kiwiobob

kiwiobob DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If I was Ramos, I would kneel down and give thanks to be transferred out of Duma to Bohol...................... lol

Talking about "shitholes", how could Dumaguete become any worse than it is already under this new guy.............. ???????????????????

2. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    Car-car is the *sshole of the world and the per capita of complete idiot drivers has to be around 99%.. I have been driving thru there for 20 years and every time around the round about at rush hour is a near miss or you gotta kick some *sshole on a pedi cab in the guts to get his attention.

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Go to Carcar and you'll find out.

4. kiwiobob

kiwiobob DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Really ? Ok, if Carcar is worse than Duma, I will definitely not go there. !

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    If you ever drive to Cebu chances are you will drive through it. Daytime motorcycle driving in Cebu/Manila ain't much better though.

6. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Oh, and f#$" EDSA. Always have to mention that when I talk about Manila.

7. ReBelBiKeR

ReBelBiKeR DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    probably out of topic but anyway...

has anybody here been issued a ticket for riding a motorcycle wearing slippers? or shorts or sleeveless shirts?

thanks

8. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Not personally but I have a friend who was given a ticket for wearing short and flip flops. This was after they found out he had no license and registration was expired, I'm guessing these were trumped up charges for him blatantly ignoring pretty much every traffic law on the books and I would say his argumentative attitude didn't do him any favors either. I have been stopped numerous times at checkpoints in shorts and flip flops (i always wear sleeves because that's just plain dangerous to ride without them :rolleyes:) and never issued a ticket.

The only place I was stopped specifically for it was in Subic Bay where they issued me a warning after I politely played stupid and slipped on some shoes to ease their concern for me (they wouldn't let me take off my shorts and put on some pants on the side of the road) lol. Just beware that it IS a law and it can be enforced when they so decide to.

I fly into Dumaguete today from Manila, I'm exited to see some of the changes and how they are being enforced.

9. kiwiobob

kiwiobob DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have not been to Cebu, but have been to Manila several times, and sure, there is much more traffic there, and it can move faster, but I did not see anyone driving on the incorrect side of the road at any time. Nor do there seem to be tricycles there , which means they cannot turn right in front of you without signalling and without any warning.. Also the traffic in Manila, as thick as it is, seems to be regulated and follow some form of organisation, very unlike Duma.

10. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Well they have traffic signs and lights that are loosely followed. So yeah its a bit different. Trikes and pedicabs are restricted to side streets. Taxis, buses, rail (manila) and jeepneys are the main mode of transportation within the city. You simply can't compare cities of that size to Dumaguete though. To think they are more disciplined or better drivers in the bigger cities is just fantasy. They aren't driving on the wrong side of the road simply because the city has put big concrete barriers on the main roads separating the flow of traffic. If they weren't there I am 99 percent certain they would be on the wrong side of the road, as you can witness on side roads in Manila and Cebu that don't have the big barriers.