Dumaguete Info Search

LTO

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Duncan 77, Oct 13, 2018.

1. furriner

furriner DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +348 / 70
    I was not even aware that a separate license (endorsement) is needed for a motorcycle here. What a pain if I want to by a motorbike. This is what they do in the US as well; wish they would quit copying stupid US ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The motorcycle endorsement was the lowest level of endorsement in the Philippines (if you had a drivers license you were allowed to ride a motorcycle, you had to specify if you wanted to drive anything larger than that). They must have really changed things up recently.

3. Pompolino

Pompolino DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +404 / 53
    On the front of the licence it shows restrictions. My previous to this Filipino licence showed 2 which states on the back Vehicles of up to 4500 KGS G V W. My current licence which is about to expire next month on my birthday shows Restrictions "12". "1" shows on the back as Motorcycles/Motorized tricycles. Be aware that my Australian licence DID NOT allow me to ride a motorcycle and in fact I have tried getting a motorcycle licence in Australia on the back of my Filipino licence with a very strong "No Way" by the authorities. They require the usual learning/probationary period and testing (even though I have held a car driving licence for over 40 years) - so I didn't bother. So the conversion licence I got 3 years ago in Dumaguete only allowed me to drive a car (or so I believed). I know that a motorcycle is a vehicle of up to ... but the people at the LTO were telling me at the time that I needed endorsement so did it and maybe I was conned but was happy to get my licence legally.

P.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Just shows the incompetance my ph licence says im a filipino. Not sure how that mistake was made!

5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Now there is the issue here, Class 1 ( motorbike) Class 2 (car to 4000 kilo?)
    You have a class 1 and want to add class 2 you need to show a registration of a car.
    You have a Class 2 and want to add a class 1 you need to show the registration of a Motorcycle.
    we don't make the rules and NO we do not like them But........... it is what it is
    Want to upgrade to a professional, take another test and prove you have a Job or a job offer that requires you to have that class of license ( a professional license is only that you are paid to drive, a Bus, now that is yet another issue and we know that many bus drivers can't even read :cigar: Homer out of Here..jpg
    Got a headache here just thinking about it :whistling:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  6. OP
    OP
    Duncan 77

Duncan 77 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    It also turns out that a person that wants to add a motorcycle license to his car license can use another person's motorcycle rego certificate, straight from the horse's mouth .

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    I was wondering because what about all those driver's who don't own their own vehicles. Family owns a car in husbands name but wife or adult kid drives. Or maybe they simply hire a driver who doesn't own a car.