Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Lunch Sandwich

1. ex231

ex231 DI Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 28
    I just finished my sandwich at Piapi Deli and have to agree with the 5 star reviews. I had a Godmother sandwich, Milano salami, capicola, smoked ham with provelone cheese and it was excellent. Comes with fries. 320p
    The restaurant itself is attached to the Dumaguete Hotel and is very nice inside.
    I was very impressed.

• Informative Informative x 7
  2. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,161 / 230
    Garcia
    I stated that Jollibee had opened a Place in Liverpool UK, I didnt say I choose to eat there.
    Yes I do on occasions eat McDonald's food and also Burger King too, in the UK, no I'm not a vegetarian but only use fast food outlets for convenience.
    I much prefer my own home cooking, I'm sure there are times when most people may not feel like cooking so take the easy way out.
    At 77 years of age I can't say I'm in a rush to my grave, more the saying, "A little of what you fancy does you good"
    I have always considered everything in moderation, at 10st in weight and a waist of 34" I feel I have the balance about right.
    On the last occasion of seeing a Doctor, he was shocked at my reply, I don't take any medication other than eye drops unless I pick up an infection!
    So when you are not busy preparing your own food,what restaurant's do you eat at and what do you choose from the menu?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    His name is Peter May, phone number 09956293344 or 09953791230
    The bread is a traditional type round whole wheat bread, around 770 grams.
    We order 2 at once, to make delivery a little more attractive, and put one in the freezer. I get mine in one piece, but I think you can request it to be delivered sliced also. Current price is 220 per loaf.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2023
  4. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Bread doesn't need to suck here.
    Rollin' Pin (downtown but also opposite Hypermart, next to 7/11) sells a pretty decent German type whole wheat bread called Frankensteiner. I think that since the Pandemic hit they only stock it on order though, so if you want to try, better give them a call the day before.
    We meanwhile found even better bread that gets delivered right to our house, made by a German guy.
    I doubt he'd be willing to deliver as far as Dauin though, he's in Valencia.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,556 / 1,017
    So I tried Piapi Deli today. Firstly, the EJ Blanco road entrance from the Rizal blvd junction is closed for construction and had to double back and go by Harolds Mansion and took Hibbard road to right turn on EJ Blanco. Secondly, I ordered a takeout Reuben sandwich. Sadly, price = performance was disappointing - very light on ingredients and somehow didn't taste or see the sauerkraut. Thirdly, I originally ordered the tuna salad sandwich, but sorry sir, not available today.
    I did order the takeout Godmother Italian sandwich for tomorrow, hopefully it will be enjoyable
    Note: I had planned on taking friends Thursday, but will pass.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    There are several places to get a lunch time Vietnamese roll-sandwich, call a Banh-mi. A proper banh-mi has slices of fresh vegetables and strings of roast meat. One is a restaurant in the lobby of the Maria Luisa Plaza Hotel.

7. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,556 / 1,017
    Today, Hungarian sausage (from Why Not), pan fried, bread, pickle, cheese, mustard. Not healthy, but to JB's point, fancied it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +624 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Pat I now buy Sour Dough Dark Rye bread from Blairs Fine Foods just past Gas n Go on same side going to Valencia. Wonderful flavour highly recommend.
    Around P220 a loaf I think I pay. You need to text or call them a day before to order. Ph 09278111526
    Note the loaves are on the small side however not ideal sandwich size.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +2,005 / 1,090
    Rollin Pin Branch 1 DOWNTOWN LACATION
    Address: 24 Katada Street, Dumaguete, 6200 Negros Oriental
    Hours:
    Closed ⋅ Opens 7 AM
    Phone: (035) 420 5076

Rollin Pin Branch 2 ACROSS FROM HYPERMART
    Address: 872W+7XR, Jose Romero Road, Dumaguete, Negros Oriental
    Hours:
    Closed ⋅ Opens 7 AM
    Phone: (035) 422 6168

• Like Like x 1
  10. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,161 / 230
    Are you saying I'm a bit fat?..........I told the wife when I first met her that I was 5'6" but now I've shrunk to 5' 2" small but neat, hahaha
    You know what they say about the Scottish.....you can tell a Scottish man but you can't tell him much!
    The best medicine is not to take life too seriously, smile alot it exercises the facial muscles, Cheers JB

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1