Dumaguete Info Search

Suggestion Making ICE (from Water)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Brian Oinks, May 21, 2017.

1. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    We fitted around 110 Tubes in our Freezer, been 2 days and the side tubes are almost frozen but the ones in the middle are still cold water. I do not plan to make it a business as such, just the wife likes to do it and it helps some of the close neighbours who do not own a Freezer and who go to Apo Island daily and a few who like to keep their Fish catches fresh. :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  2. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Try using something like empty egg cartons in between layers for air/cold circulation.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    A good point and this seems an interesting science project for Brian - to find out by experimentation what is the best solution in the circumstances. I know nothing about making these ice tubes and the practicalities or economics of various methods of stopping them sticking together, but I am thinking along the lines of separating them with oil by rubbing a thin layer over each tube or trying cling film as a separating sheet (I know this might reduce air flow, but it is only an experiment to find out). I am sure there are many other materials you could try (only needs to be on a very small scale at first) and a positive result could be rewarding for Brian and others who are trying to do something for themselves and others.

• Like Like x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Let me bring you all up to date... :bookworm:
    I woke up at 6:30am to the sounds of a VERY PISSED OFF Asawa and the sound of *CHIP CHIP CHIP ARRGGHHH >insert bisayan cursing< CHIP CHIP CHIP* :nailbiting:

I dared NOT to go to the kitchen to investigate, a smart Bana stays hidden! :cautious: I gingerly enquired; "Morning mahal, is there a problem" as I cowered in the bedroom... :bag: Now; I am SURE Google Translator would not translate the reply even if it understood! Now; I may not understand what was said, but going by the tone, it was VERY CLEAR I SHOULD stay away! FAR AWAY! :coldfeet:

Several hours later, count was;
    25x Frozen Tubes
    125x Busted Tubes
    1x Freezer that *apparently* has MANY Chisel holes in the side walls!

Asawa has now gone out and has let me to instruct the buyer; "NO MORE"... :vamp:

We live and learn... :blackeye:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Easy Brian, get some Laminate Card and line the Sides Bottom and back. we did this and you would be surprised how it keeps the Freezer Cleaner and easier to Clean after breakages. the Base sheet can be removed to clear of any Ice left. :wink:

• Informative Informative x 3
  6. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Sounds a bit late for this freezer. Apparently she is giving it to the church - having 'blessed' it all morning and made it 'holy'.....

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    NAH! She Is a Filipina and full of inventiveness I think :laugh: Nothing ventured Nothing gained EH? :sneaky:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    THAT IS an excellent suggestion mate! I think I might be making another stop by Citihardware next month when I am back in town! :wink:

The last few holes (previous learning curve) I epoxied and taped over after it set... :o o: I *thought* when I said "NO MORE CHISEL MAHAL" she understood, but who am I to get involved, it may have been ME getting patched had I stuck my nose in where it was obviously MUCH SAFER cowering inside the Bedroom! :biggrin: lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Scratching Head.jpg Sorry Brian but I have just sat here and taken note of your Header to the Thread;
    Making ICE (from Water) I was smiling to myself and thought What else would we make Ice From? :wink:
    Sorry mate but having had a wee nap the mind gets full of Funny Stuff, I know your Humour can take this :thumbsup:

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I thought I had better clarify my intentions up front before I got some high profile well armed visitors kicking down my door tossing stun grenades all for a few tubes of frozen water! :biggrin: hehe

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Genius Genius x 1