Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Mark Nowhere man

1. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I disagree Stefan, if you share the view that 99 in 100 Pinay-foreigner relationships have:
    1. a golddigger Pinay girl and
    2. a foreigner who's either in need of a helper/nurse or a bedmate or both?
    then you are sadly misinformed; maybe had too many "discussions" with drunks at local bars?

The bedmate thing being very common in relationships everywhere I think we can safely scrap that one as totally irrelevant,
    but even the gold-digging helper/nurse strikes me as an insult to my wife and many others I happen to know; actually among my friends I know of not a single situation where the characterisation might apply.

As far as I am concerned you can either retract your view or stick it where the sun don't shine.
    I am sure there are some exceptions, but my view is that a large majority of long term pinay/foreigner relationships are not at all like that.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  2. NowandThen

NowandThen DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +353 / 87
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Think so too. I have one of those. I'm 31 years older than her. Been married 20 years now. Goldigger ? Don't think so. I just gave her the chance to work overseas. She still does and I'm very lucky to have such a good wife. Very hard working and a good mother. But yes, don't marry a bar Lady. Because you can take her out of the bar but never the bar out of her.

Gesendet von meinem M2101K6G mit Tapatalk

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Ah yes, the "look at my charitable acts I'm such a good person" YouTuber. I'm always curious how generous they would be if the cameras weren't rolling. I'm not a religious guy but I agree with what the bible has to say about people preaching from the corner. They will get their reward, but it likely won't be what they want everyone to believe it will be. True charitable acts made by genuinely good people are selfless. I'm extremely suspicious of anyone that needs to flaunt their good deeds.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Phillippinesfan

Phillippinesfan DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Blood Type:
    B+
    He's an American Filipino who recently moved to the Philippines. He helps poor families one at a time, with the help of donors. But if you can stand his political rants at times , and have the patience to go through alot of his videos, you will discover some rather scathing, no very scathing remarks about foreigners marrying filipino girls, especially when they are a decade or more younger than themselves. Also some interesting questions put to Filipinas on the subject. In his vision of the solution for poverty in the Philippines, foreigners would be banned from the country or jailed for exploiting young women for marriage or relationships.
    That said, I think his heart is absolutely in the right place, rather than the foreign bloggers who try to finance their holidays or pay their living expenses by giving a few thousand pesos to poor people and posting it on YouTube. These videos get hundreds of thousands of views sometimes.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,151 / 230
    Not to mention unfaithful Filipino boyfriends and husbands, who treat their women badly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. NowandThen

NowandThen DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +353 / 87
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Maybe somebody should tell Mark Nowhere there are also young filipino Ladies exploiting old foreign men. I know a few cases.

Gesendet von meinem M2101K6G mit Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2