Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Mark Nowhereman

1. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Genuine people often show conpassion to the less fortunate, but it has often been said and I include myself " I care but I can't feed the world"
    Sadly sometimes foreigners are look upon as ATMachines, taken advantage of and cast aside when the well runs dry.
    As pointed out 57 million people in poverty, it's survival by any means, including some "Fat old men" who provide a meal ticket in return for some comfort they couldn't find elsewhere.
    Each to their own reasons and choices, life is a one way ticket for us all, whatever your desires or actions may be. I have been blessed with reasonable good health and have always had food in my belly and a roof over my head, 57 million people in Philippines alone, can't say that. Am I lucky?....... you bet I am!

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    You could look at it that way, but these things (Religion and Capitalism) were also brought to other nations that are thriving today... Marcos is a fine example of the corruption within and yet they still laud him and his family.... This mindset is not unique to this country but is shared in many areas of the world and only an educated populace will end it ... not likely anytime soon though

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,101 / 333
    Really, i always thought it was being done from the inside...

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    I was also overly Charitable to one Family (not related) for 15 years. They are now the only Family that will not talk to me and basically hates my guts, as the buck had to stop. It's like falling into quick sand once yah start.

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  5. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    For some. It would be easy to write a VERY long list of Forum members (present and ex-) who seem nothing but pleasant, caring people.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Religion has nothing to do with it. It is human nature to be nasty to others. If it isn't through religion is will be through corporations, if not through corporations it will be through government, most likely it will be through all of them. Humans will always find a way to f*ck other humans.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Phillippinesfan

Phillippinesfan DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Yes it seems.
    He's a us citizen according to his videos. He's concerned about real poverty , but I suspect his goal is to plant new ideas in poor areas.
    The Filipinas he interviewed all chose the bald old fat foreigner over a hard working young good looking Filipino for financial stability.
    Im not keen on his social nationalism, but I am surprised and shocked at the hardship filipinos face. No financial help, no food help ,no free medical attention.
    59 million Filipinos in poverty.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1