Dumaguete Info Search

Marriage Visa "Marriage Visa" (13A)

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by Rye83, May 17, 2015.

1. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    When I began the process myself I read the Government Web Site and read it as you needed the particular medical tests done, which I went ahead with and had them all done only to be told by the Agent at the Travel Agency next door to the Dumaguete Immigration that I did not need to do so, turned out to be correct advice as the Officer in Cebu during my interview never once asked to see a single medical test, so wasted pesos following what is supposed to be Governmental procedure... :/

2. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I gained a Police Clearance from Australia before I came to the Philippines with the intention to stay permanently as again I am sure I read online (Government Web Page) that it was a requirement, I had it notarized by the Philippines Embassy in Brisbane who placed a fancy Ribbon and Wax Seal on the page but again during my interview in Cebu they did not ask to view it... Cebu seems to be much more relaxed than Manila from my experience...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I found them very VERY Helpful as well as the Agent in Cebu who I thankfully tipped for his extra effort in filling out forms etc due to me leaving my glasses at the hotel room... :smile:
    Compared to the expected 4 to 5 trips (doing things yourself and not a fan of being a tourist) I was grateful to cut it down to two simple trips where they (Travel Agency) both times found nice clean modern Hotel rooms in Mandaue within a few minutes taxi ride of the J Centre Mall where Immigration is situated in Cebu and around 15 minutes drive from the Cebu Air Terminal...

4. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    If you need it quicker, you can pay a "Fee" to fast track your application in Manila, due to the time frame involved I did so and in 'I think' 3 working days my NBi Clearance was ready to be picked up at the NBi Office in Dumaguete... :smile:

5. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    • Like Like x 1
  6. sandycreekg

sandycreekg DI Member Showcase Reviewer

retired
    Ratings:
    +167 / 14
    Thank you Brian oinks for your replies, if you don't mind me asking...........what actual services do the travel agent in Dumaguete offer for the 13A visa ......??

7. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thank you; it will save me a small fortune on monthly Visa Extensions and no bothersome yearly trips out of the country to 'Balikbayan' my way here, may sound strange but growing up in a 'Tourist region' I HATE travelling and doing 'Tourist things' so the `3a made perfect sense for me... :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I had to gain my NBi Clearance myself, a strange process for me as I was Finger Printed on my Probationary Application by the NBi who then repeated the process when I had to go back to gain approval for my 13a Visa, odd as I assume your fingerprints do not change (unless you lose a digit in the meantime :biggrin: hehe)

Everything else was done by them, MANY Forms to fill in and sign, then the Agent in Cebu is Authorised to go in and act on your behalf, (they sent my Passport and ACR Card to the Agent so he could act on my behalf) which I got back when I went there. They also process the ACR renewal where you get a new Card for the Probationary period as well as once you are approved (I have to wait I think 2 months before I receive my new ACR Card now that I am approved)

Once Immigration sets your appointment date, they (The Travel Agency) can if you wish, arrange for your Travel requirements (I chose to fly compared to catching the Ferry/Bus to Cebu as it is much quicker) and search for suitable accomodation (depending on your requirements) We chose a Hotel close to the J-Centre Mall where the BOI is situated which was very nice due to the fact that they served meals to your room from 6.30am to 8.30pm and provided a Free Breakfast as a part of taking the Supreme Room (with Free Wi-fi) etc

I found using an Agent much easier as I suffer short term memory problems which make reading documents very confusing at times as the information just doesn't seem to sink in, especially when I went in one day to sign a barrage of Forms only to be called in the next morning to re-sign new Forms which had changed overnight simply due to the appointment of a new Officer in Charge! I also experienced where I downloaded the Forms from the PH Govt. Werb Page and spent time filling everything in, and running around like a blue @ss fly having them Notarized, but when I took them to the Agency, it turned out those Forms were obselete and thankfully they had the new Forms ready for me to sign, (as well as using their own Attorney to have all Forms notarized saving me much time and effort) so many small things would have tripped me up if I had attempted doing this myself meaning wasted trips to Cebu and no doubt failure lodging obselete Forms.

Due in part to the Short term memory problems due to a Bike accident in my youth and just plain growing older and grumpier, I honestly believe I could not have done this without the excellent service supplied by the Owners/Staff of the Travel Agency who are so conveniently situated right beside the Dumaguete Bureau of Immigration, it an all in one experience apart from the Nbi Clearance... :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  9. KINGCOLE

KINGCOLE DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  10. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Can you post the requirements needed here as a few people asking whats needed?

• Like Like x 1
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1