Dumaguete Info Search

Measles outbreak in Negros Oriental towns

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by Ozguy17, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Nah, they shouldn't be warned. Let their god(s) protect them. Those types should not be allowed to live in the civilized world.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    True, I referred to that in my post when I said:
    Having some experience with that, as you also must have, my bitterness comes from the way the Philippine program is implemented. If the nurse who administers the vaccine only comes to the particular health clinic once every 4 to 8 weeks and only has a limited supply of vaccine, and the parents with kids have to come and line up all day to get the free shots IF the supply has not run out before they get to the front of the line then I call that a medieval system of administering a vaccine.

You state it is mandatory but what is the punishment for someone who will not stand in line all day (with their kids) and why is it that the rich can just go to the doctor and get the vaccinations in 5 minutes, for a price? If there is no punishment then it is similar to the helmet law. Unenforced = voluntary. Just an opinion based on an old adage: If something is worth doing, it is worth doing well. So make it easy to get the kids vaccinated. Do the job well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Yes; I had the one that tests if you have it. Some idiot kid told me if it did not turn red and look irritated then you had to have the needle, so I (prime idiot) and a few mates spat on the spot on our arms to make it turn red. Needless to say; us dumb asses ended up getting the vaccination... :banghead: Luckily for the kid with the dud information, we did not know him, nor did I recognise him again, otherwise he may have received a beating! :punch:

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Mom Miriam

Mom Miriam DI Member

Pandemic-Surviving Oma
    Ratings:
    +209 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It is reported that, as pro-active measure to thwart the spread of measles in Negros Oriental, DOH Central Visayas Regional Office is now coordinating with local government health officers to assist in door-to-door catch up immunization so that all children who missed the routine immunization be vaccinated with MMR. The measles cases recorded in Barangays Motong and Daro (Dumaguete City), Barangays Buntis and Buntod (Bacong town), Barangay Mansagomayon (Santa Catalina town), Barangay Maloh (Siaton town), and one unspecified barangay in San Jose town are prioritized for now while DOH-7 officials are considering catch-up door-to-door immunization province-wide or even region-wide. (THE FREEMAN)

• Like Like x 1