Dumaguete Info Search

Event Media release from NEA https://t.co/tnteaCj6ha

Discussion in 'NORECO II Announcements' started by NORECO II, Nov 16, 2018.

1. NORECO II

NORECO II Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    As he did about the Internet and Nada as usual, no one is saying things are not wrong But............... and I will not be Drawn into things :cigar: :peeking:

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The internet speeds have improved greatly from what I've seen posted here. 2Mb/s used to be the absolute best you could get in the area...seems not the case anymore.

Will be interesting to see if the mere threat of competition gets these co-ops to actually provide a service they are charging ridiculous rates for.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    As far as internet is concerned, up till now I did not notice any improvement. On the contrary......it is deteriorating more and more.

6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    The Department of Energy has issued two circulars that are seen to bring forward the development of open access in the electricity retail business by allowing qualified consumers to voluntarily choose their suppliers instead of being mandated to break ties with incumbent players.

The DOE had earlier pushed for a mandatory approach to the Retail Competition and Open Access (RCOA) scheme, which hit a snag after the Supreme Court issued a temporary restraining order on this policy.
    Under the RCOA scheme, power consumers with an average monthly peak demand of at least one megawatt would be able to choose alternative suppliers—thus, they are called contestable customers.

Read more: https://business.inquirer.net/24231...me-participation-made-voluntary#ixzz5Wz5AeCnS
    Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

7. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    :meh:
    Who is the alternative supplier in Negros Oriental?

8. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    There is no one really as no one has taken advantage of the 2012 RCOA) But Robinsons No longer Pay to Noreco II and I believe Dragon Dynamic Corp ( Lee Plaza Group) are considering it also they Pay (Robinsons) a Bulk payment to I believe to MERALCO up in Luzon. Lee I believe if they go that way will pay on Mindanao where I think they are actually Based, but you would need to research the RCOA for the Full facts I can only say things I know about and don't like to Speculate, The Option for Competition has been there for 6+ years now and from what I am told Only the Ayala Group have Gone the Full hog and Started to generate, again you would need to Research this but it is there for those can afford to start up :thumbsup:

• Informative Informative x 1