Dumaguete Info Search

Health & Wellness Medical experience at Silliman Hospital

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Cletus, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Their accredited providers list can be found at Pacific Cross

2. FstopTom

FstopTom DI Junior Member Veteran Air Force

Retired- US govt/Entrepenuer/Photography
    Ratings:
    +36 / 2
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It appears we're talking about different "Crosses". Pacific Cross (and their predecessor) aren't related to the US Blue Cross/Blue Shield's Insurance companies-my particular Blue Cross is for Federal Employees-Their overseas support does do direct billing with any provider who agrees to submit the bills etc.. Silliman,nor any other hospital in Dumaguete, has signed up.
    For me anyway-if its not an emergency inpatient service procedure, I may be better off going to Cebu or the Manila area.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. USEXPAT

USEXPAT DI Junior Member Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +25 / 5
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Brian. I suggest you ask Philhealth directly. My wife was previously covered by the barangay and we were told the same thing. We went to Philhealth at Robinsons to have me added. We were told that the barangay coverage was for indigents. For me to get Philhealth I would have purchase the insurance. Which I did and added my wife and daughter at no extra cost.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I have been following a lot of replies in other threads that are crossing over regards Philhealth and Insurance etc... It seems that there is really no good alternative available here any more with philheath's latest change in policy...

I read this *reply (below) and went searching for Private Insurance cover online, but after a few days I gave up as most are around $200/300USD per month and following suggestions regards Blue Cross, I found my **search showed that Blue Cross will not cover any medical requirements that have any preexisting conditions that are directly or indirectly related to the current illness...

So back to square one for many of us who have to seek alternative cover... :banghead:

• Informative Informative x 1