Dumaguete Info Search

Meeting a NICE lady in Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Princeton, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onlymichael

onlymichael DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    guess i was not

clear in my post. By "scammers and opportunists" I did not mean women who ask for help for their families although they too can be scam artists. I mean women looking for foreigners to send them money long distance.

These women make up the great majority of woman on DIA who chat with foreigners still in their home countries. On second thought maybe I just am a magnet for such women. I sent some of them small gifts for their birthdays freely without any reservations, but I was suprised at the length most all of them(including the ones I gave nothing to) will go to to create intimacy with a foreigner online with the sole objective of getting that foreigner to make payments to them from abroad. Some of these women are married or have b/fs who are also benefiting from such scams. These women are amazing in their ability to project (falsely) love for a foreigner and incredibly patient in working that foreigner to deliver the goods. In my area we have two Filipinas who are being kept with houses and a high standard of living from foreigners abroad who obviously love them enough to do this. It's ok by me whatever they do that's their choice. I can only figure that these foreigners are either smitten with the Filipinas and/or are rich enough that this is no problem for them. I, for one, would never do this even if I could afford it.

2. onlymichael

onlymichael DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    On the age thing, I prefer a woman over 30 and my ideal age is like 40's. I am in my 60's but look young.
    I agree that young women are usually too immature and it's not a good idea for someone my age to be looking at young ladies for anything other than a brief affair, even that is very risky here. But the older ones also have some disadvantages. They almost always have children and if they don't there is a problem often. Also you want to pick a woman that is not going to die before you do, ha. Older women are more set in their ways and can be inflexible at times. Compliments to you that you kept your marriage together.

3. onlymichael

onlymichael DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Ha, that's what I THOUGHT having had a good deal of experience of women from all walks of life. But the Filipina online is a MASTER and some are VERY SUBTLE in their approach. They are very good at establishing intimacy online with their marks. I am not blaming them, if I was in their situations I probably do the same. But if you're looking for true love, DIA is not the place to look imo.

4. pfotoguy

pfotoguy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    I think the difference between me and some other foreigners is I live here in regards to using DIA as a dating site

I've never offered them anything but bus fare to come visit me. And when I lived on the beach plenty did want to come visit.

5. onlymichael

onlymichael DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I had several wanting me to visit them and some came to visit me, some of whom I talked with on chat for long time. But there's a BIG difference between meeting someone on DIA and meeting them in person. Also I never send money for transportation ahead, but told them I would reimburse them soon as they got here, which I kept my word. And many who want you to visit them are mostly interested in your ability to support them and their kids. One way or another you're paying. Very rare that the woman offers to pay her share of expenses, if you find one like that who you love, you're very lucky.

6. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    What does she really look like?

Some people are more photogenic than others. Better than more dating site photos, get her Facebook. Do not take "No" for an answer. Accept no excuses. If she really doesn't have Facebook, she's a dope. If she will not give you her Facebook, there's something she doesn't want you to know. And of course, examine the Facebook profile critically. Are all the friends foreign men? It's not her real Facebook.

7. thavtoohey

thavtoohey Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I like here. I really can understand you. you see, the noises of cell phones, really boring one. so under the suggestion of my friend. I bought a cell phone jammer, It is really cool, so share my happiness with you.

8. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    Jamming cell phones in public is crazy, sociopathic behavior. Alternatively, why would you jam an individual's cell phone. If you are on a date, explain to her that good manners entail turning off the cp, and paying attention to your partner. Here's a personal story. I had a visitor from another island. We were dining at Hayahay by the sea. At my instruction, we turned off our cell phones. Later, at home, we turned them back on. We both had messages warning of a possible tsunami!

9. DDJohnn

DDJohnn DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh but you might not be entitled to your opinion with the likes of Larry, et al around?
    What's near impossible I think is to find such a woman you describe who is willing to settle for a fat, overaged, unhealthy foreigner if she is anything more than 10 years his junior. Intelligent women with good jobs who speak fluent English are often not eager for that. As their educational level improves, so does their earning capacity and there no need to be reliant on a Foreigner to help support them and their (often illegitimate-meaning out of wedlock) children. Dumaguete girls are too conservative and therefore they pass up opportunities they should not. Also as much as I like Negros Oriental ladies, they frequently adopt a innocent shy often pretending facade, I am guessing they would say "humble".

10. thavtoohey

thavtoohey Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I like here. I really can understand you. you see, the noises of cell phones, really boring one. so under the suggestion of my friend. I bought a cell phone jammer, It is really cool, so share my happiness with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.