Dumaguete Info Search

Meeting a NICE lady in Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Princeton, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It is. :rolleyes:

2. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    hemmm confession this is only done by one church, Clerical celibacy is another, it says in the bible that a good pastor should have a good wife to help with his ministry, purgatory is another, this was a way the church could scam money out of families of a deceased .

3. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Wrong Brian.... 1,All Christians confess their sins (misdeeds) some via a priest others choose directly to God
    2,Depends which bible your quoting and lastly 3,all Christians know you can't buy your way in Heaven ( scam money ?)

oh by the way I chose to marry my wife because she was a active church member,I was the one who wasn't.

"Many are called but few are chosen"

4. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    no. 2 there is only one Christian bible but many translations QUOTE=john boy;1851891570]Wrong Brian.... 1,All Christians confess their sins (misdeeds) some via a priest others choose directly to God
    2,Depends which bible your quoting and lastly 3,all Christians know you can't buy your way in Heaven ( scam money ?)

oh by the way I chose to marry my wife because she was a active church member,I was the one who wasn't.

"Many are called but few are chosen"[/QUOTE]

5. john boy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Hope I am not cut off again by the Moderator.
    Brian, I was not avoiding part 2,
    Marriage is referred to by Christ when talking to his followers, better to remain celibate, I think was his reference to Men and widows. A priest who takes his vows within the Church, is then married to the Church of Christ for good reason.....

Dont know who wrote it ......."If I were a Catholic I would say to my children, Have no secrets which cost too much in the telling and then you will not have cause to fear the gossip of the Vicars wife".

"http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/03481a.htm

6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The bible never even mentions priests. Let's be honest here, the Catholic Church made these rules to protect their own interests. If a priest has no kin then all property of said priest goes to the church.

"Why, then, does the Roman Catholic Church (and a few other Christian denominations) require celibacy of its church leaders / priests? The celibacy of priests has an interesting history. The first official church statements requiring celibacy appeared at the Councils of Elvira (A.D. 306) and Carthage (A.D. 390), although clerical celibacy, to a lesser degree, definitely predated these councils. Ultimately, though, celibacy became the official requirement of the Roman Catholic Church due to the practice of nepotism. Church leaders were giving their children positions in the church, despite a lack of any qualifications or training. Further, church leaders were giving church property to their descendants. As a result, the Roman Catholic Church mandated celibacy in order to keep its priests from having familial attachments which made nepotism attractive.Again, the Bible encourages, but does not demand celibacy. In fact, Paul recognizes that most church leaders will be married. The Roman Catholic requirement of celibacy is a sad example of the Church taking something that the Bible encourages and transforming it into a requirement in order to protect its own interests. Sadder still is the damage that has been done as a result of the Roman Catholic Church’s anti-biblical requirement. Men whom God has not gifted or called to be celibate (1 Corinthians 7:7) are being required to be celibate, and the result is tremendous failures in the areas of adultery, fornication, and the sexual abuse of children."
    Does the Bible teach the celibacy of priests?

7. OP
    OP
    Princeton

Princeton DI Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 13
    and the last few post relate to the topic how?perhaps there is a church thread you may like?

8. Mod01

Mod01 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

this mod did not cut you off, but safar as this mod is concern3ed religious discusions should not be allowed at all.

9. Black Abbot

Black Abbot DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I like the Christian church and all taxpayers (some countries collect for the church and give it to them) and donors. I wouldn't have seen 5% of all the beautiful places it sent me the last 23 years.
    I love the system. You guys pay tax or make donations to the church, the church gives it to me and similar people. We fly around from that money and make a few new believers. It is a win-win-win situation.
    .... and each government wins also. We help to keep poor people dumb, so they follow blindfolded whatever an important guy says and are trained not to disagree when decisions are made over their head. ... and yes, the church is a great place to find girls and tourguides... way cheaper than ladies-drinks, EWR, etc... :-)

10. john boy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Maybe like Knowdafish I was timed out?
    Point taken over Religious discussions, however in this thread I answered to comments posted by others.
    Finally to Wrye 83, The Catholic Church has without doubt been corrupted in more ways than one over the years, I agree.
    However the teachings of the Bible still stand today, especially those of Jesus Christ, as guidence to his followers.
    like I quoted before...Many are called few are chosen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.