Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Merck’s Covid-19 Pills

1. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,628 / 2,895
    The evidence you cite for other viruses (such as dengue, Zika, HIV and yellow fever) is based on IN VITRO studies and I assume you know the difference between IN VIVO and IN VITRO.

Furthermore: The drug you promote "has been shown to inhibit the replication of SARS-CoV-2 in cell cultures. [This means IN VITRO]. However, pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic studies suggest that achieving the plasma concentrations necessary for the antiviral efficacy detected in vitro would require administration of doses up to 100-fold higher [this means IN VIVO] than those approved for use in humans."

Even the very well-respected Lancet says this drug "inhibits the replication of SARS-CoV-2 in vitro at concentrations not readily achievable with currently approved doses [this means IN VIVO]. There is limited evidence to support its clinical use in COVID-19 patients".

I hope you understand the significance of in vitro and in vivo and the concern relating to the one hundred fold safe-level usage in vivo. I am sure everyone here, without a single exception, would welcome the use of any SAFE drug to help the world in the fight against Covid-19 and if further (currently ongoing) studies prove it can be used safely in vivo with the desired effect then no-one is going to contradict you. If it proves safe and requires sticking an egg size piece up my rectum then I will accept it - no-one is disputing your desire to find a treatment but the evidence is definitely NOT there yet. When some evidence states a drug is effective (usually by in vitro studies) and other evidence states the dosage required is dangerous in vivo then science has to go with the safety aspect and not the effectiveness (even if it is 100% effective in vitro).

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I really don't care if you think the vaccine is poison or not. Society should move on and open everything back up. If you want to eat horse paste, drink bleach or rub essential oils all over your body more power to you. It just isn't going to be promoted here as a valid cure for covid...because it is NOT.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,161 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    In a game of whoever lasts the longest wins, the passionate quack wins against the rational. This is because the passionate quack thinks that lasting the longest is the measure of success in an argument. The passionate quack does not have intellectual integrity. The quality and integrity of the argument does not matter. Only how long they can last spewing forth poor quality references. The rational gets tired and stops then the passionate quack continues.

This is a current problem with social media in that quack content gets the same status as quality content. Furthermore, quack content gets more readership (share) because it stirs more emotion.
    Time to block this thread.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,161 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Why is medical quackery so widespread?
    Why are there so many people with a predisposition to believe something that is only supported by rumor?

The article you referenced cites: Dr. Pierre Kory told the world on December 8, 2020, that ********** "obliterates" this virus.

But here is a video by Dr. Pierre Kory stating that he got infected with COVID-19 while taking **********.

Why do you and so many others have such a strong desire to believe unsubstantiated rumor?

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +677 / 92
    i'm gonna crawl out from under my rock to thank jimf for posting his views on dealing with covid with other than big pharma vaccinations.

i've been reading this same stuff for months and wondering why mainstream media isn't publishing it, except that those who must be obeyed are being obeyed.

myself, i recently used a nebulizer with iodine and hydrogen peroxide (dr mercola/dr david brownstein protocol) to reverse, by far the worst cold/flu i've ever experienced, some would call it covid. i would of used the ibermektin protocol if i could of sourced the materials.

i suggest people go the a non censored media site and search ibermektin, hydroxychloroquine (HCQ), vit C and D, cooking the books on COVID casualties.

also search medical front liners, who have worked to date unvacinated, quitting their jobs rather than bow to the upcoming vaccinate or else mandates.

https://www.bitchute.com/
    https://www.brighteon.com/
    https://www.naturalnews.com/
    https://rumble.com/

keep an open mind...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,141 / 335
    its worked for me (up to now)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Best Answer
    Thread locked. Next post on this forum about ********** gets warning points.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    d.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. jimf

jimf DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +142 / 18
    I'm about done (I can almost hear the sighs of relief hahaha).
    I have been ridiculed, accused of emotional attachment to a medication, told I have already made up my mind by someone unable to refute my argument effectively, and threatened with punishment on this board over dialogue of a med, despite providing ample evidence to at least warrant discussion. To no avail.
    It's unfortunate I think, but this will die on the vine very soon. Maybe that will keep the peace, but it certainly will not address the problem the confronts us all.
    Back to lurkerdom soon...

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,876 / 1,029
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I heard drinking Gin&Tonic would kill the virus:biggrin:

• Agree Agree x 1