Dumaguete Info Search

Metal Detecting and relic hunting

Discussion in 'Hobbies and special interests' started by Jeff08xx, Dec 10, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    Jeff08xx

Jeff08xx DI Junior Member

Truck driver, miner and home renovation
    Ratings:
    +11 / 7
    Certainly anyone getting that big of a target would use care in digging vs the Filipinos that dig blindly without any knowledge of what is beneath.

2. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Came across enough Russian ordinance in Afghanistan when clearing the site for construction. It was an Afghan Army base so they would come get what we found (literally picked them up and drove off with them; used to freak me out).

If you have your detector dialed in and have a bit of experience with the machine you can discriminate between coins and jewelry or a large ferrous metal object. Depending on the machine you can eliminate bottle caps as well, but on small things I always dig them. Can be frustrating but you never know what you could find.

Shawn

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I detected a very large ferrous object underneath my vegetable patch back home - the thoughts of an Anglo-Saxon hoard crossed my mind, or maybe a bomb - it turned out to an entire car engine!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1